INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request for Enhancement — Display Location of Internal Memory Vs. µSD Card  (Read 1845 times)

Charles Hansen

• Recent member

Hello All,

When I connect my PonoPlayer to PMW, it shows up as two separate drives. One is the internal memory and one is the micro-SD card. I can add files by dragging and dropping them into the yellow "bucket" and even transcode them on the fly, which I think is brilliant!

The only problem is that from within PMW, I don't know which is which. In Win7 File Explorer, it shows a separate drive letter for "Pono Player" and a separate drive letter for whatever I have named that micro-SD card.

Then I have to go back to PMW to decide which location I want to store those files. It would be great if there were a way to know which were which from within PMW.

Thanks!

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver

You can usually right click and select Rename any device. JRiver will remember the name the next time the device is used.

Charles Hansen

• Recent member

Awesome! Thanks very much for this tip!

shieber

• Recent member

You can usually right click and select Rename any device. JRiver will remember the name the next time the device is used.

If you rename the external card from within pono or File Explorer, etc., and then put a different external card in the layer, pono will think it has the same name.

shieber

• Recent member

If you rename the external card from within pono or File Explorer, etc., and then put a different external card in the layer, pono will think it has the same name.

sometimes pmw doesn't update as it should. eject the pono, restart everything and try again. sooner or later pmw figures it out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up