INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transformers Age Of Extinction not playing  (Read 4331 times)

Bjorn

• Junior Woodchuck
Transformers Age Of Extinction not playing
« on: December 05, 2014, 03:55:42 pm »

Neither directly from disc or ripped with AnyDVD I'm able to play Transformers Age Of Extinction in JRiver. It simply doesn't start playing.

What's the deal? Is Atmos causing the issue?

lisbethfox

• World Citizen
Re: Transformers Age Of Extinction not playing
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 05:12:43 pm »

Install LAV filters and manually configure them. The newest version will decode the TrueHD portion of the Atmos track no problem.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 05:20:39 pm »

If you don't want to manually configure filter, you can upgrade to V20 which includes the updated filters. You can use the demo for 30 days to test if the movie works properly.

Bjorn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 02:43:25 am »

Sounds like the easiest thing is to get the v20.
Well, they gotta make money like all of us.

Thanks, I'll will try it before I purchase it.

lynes88

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 09:03:30 pm »

Can you describe further what you mean my manually installing LAV filters please?  Describe the steps a little further and what is involved with this... and is this going to hurt anything else?  I have the same problem plating this movie too and my kids keep buggin me to fix it.

thanks

Bjorn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 01:59:45 am »

I can't but I can share that upgrading to v20 took care of the problem and Transformers were playing after that.

What I liked about v20 was that it copied all my settings in v19 and also showed latest albums in the same order (I have my music stored on a Synology server). Nice!

|Tch0rT|

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 09:04:31 pm »

Can you describe further what you mean my manually installing LAV filters please?  Describe the steps a little further and what is involved with this... and is this going to hurt anything else?  I have the same problem plating this movie too and my kids keep buggin me to fix it.

thanks

Download LAVFilters-0.63.0_x86.7z (you can use WinRAR to unzip) from here:
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1gd1its3#dir/path=%2F%E8%87%AA%E7%BC%96%E8%AF%91%E8%BD%AF%E4%BB%B6

Put the new version of LAV here:
c:\users\<pc name>\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 19\Plugins\lav

That's pretty much it, and no it shouldn't hurt anything.

lynes88

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 07:51:56 pm »

Not a fan of Chinese sites, but I found the file you referenced.  It downloads as an .exe file, so does it not extract and install itself?  What exactly do I place in the LAV filters JRiver directory you reference?  Figured I would ask before I try...

thanks

|Tch0rT|

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 12:09:45 am »

I understand not trusting a site you can't read however I don't trust EXE's unless it's a trusted site so there's no telling if you got the right file or not. Here's an alternative site:
https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases

EXE installers usually gives you a choice where to install but JRiver puts things in it's own directory instead of what would normally be the programs default so the EXE installer would not know this. Everything that was in the zip/rar/7z I copied over to the JRiver LAV directory, there wasn't any EXE's but I think there was some BAT files but I didn't run those, just copied everything over to the JRiver LAV directory and JRiver 19 was good to go with Atmos blu-ray's.

lynes88

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 03:23:35 pm »

Thanks I will try that and let you know... figured something was not quite right when I saw something that looked like an installer.

lynes88

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 07:44:19 am »

got it to work this time....thanks.  Watching Age of Extinction as I type this   ;D

paul560

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 02:22:02 pm »

Hi. Newbie here. I have JRiver 19 and it would not play Transformers Age Of Extinction in Tru HD Audio.. I downloaded JRiver 20 as a trial. Copy the LAV folder from version 20 and put the folder into version 19. Go to Control panel. Folder Options and click View, Click show hidden files etc and click apply. Then go to This Pc or Your PC. C Drive or whatever drive your system is located. Users. Your name or PC name. AppData folder. Roaming. JRiver folder. Media Centre 19. Plugins folder. Remove the LAV folder already there. Copy new folder from  JRiver 20. Restart your computer Should work like a charm now playing Tru HD Audio. You can now uninstall version 20 trial. Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up