INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote 3.10  (Read 5281 times)

amsco15

• World Citizen
JRemote 3.10
« on: December 06, 2014, 10:11:48 am »

Just want to say thanks for a great program.  With the recent bug fixes and the ability to add songs to a playlist, I own the perfect software tools (MC & JRemote) for me and my system.  Outstanding!!

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRemote 3.10
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 03:03:52 am »

Thank you amsco15,
There are many more features on the to-do list, but glad you find it perfect as it is:)

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 10:51:24 am »

Hopefully the downloading and playing of music locally is close to the top of the list now.  It would be so nice to remove iTunes from the equation all together.

Zero_G

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 11:24:58 am »

I'd be a very happy camper if the download locally was available.

sunfire7

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 01:44:53 am »

Download and offline sync like spotify and then it would be perfect!! But as is right now is darn good :)
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

AJB

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 07:53:57 am »

Hello,

I have a problem with the JRemote app on my Mini IPad.

In the latest version it's not possible anymore to change the IP addres of my device to which I connect.
As soon as I tap the line where I can fill in my IP address the screen is limited to username and password and all the other
fields are not visible anymore. I need to access this field regular since my router is changes IP's on a regular bases.

Hope somebody has the solution or it can be fixed in the next update.

kind regards,
Arjen de Boer
The Netherlands

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 04:55:46 am »

AJB, try to rotate your iPad before you tap the field and see if it helps.
Seems like there may be a rotation issue here in the last versions.

As for adding offline playback, I need to finish the first android version before committing fully to that.
There is also the chromecast support that I need to add.

thm655321

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 07:40:33 am »

Lespaul, if/when offline playback is added, do you anticipate that for Apple devices we will be able to download directly to the device without the need to use iTunes?  I ask because the Onkyo HD app requires iTunes to get the files on, which really limits its usefulness, especially when travelling.  I am concerned that the use of iTunes might be an Apple requirement.

Thanks.

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRemote 3.10 - Recently Added - small issue
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 05:06:18 pm »

I just added (imported) a new album which has the exact same ALBUM name as an older album already in the Library.   Both albums show up - stacked on top of one another - and when tapped, all tracks show from both albums.  In MC, this does not occur, only the new recently added (imported) album shows up.   Tried removing and adding Recently Added to the views (Customize Views for Gizmo and WebGizmo), no change.

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 08:05:34 am »

Lespaul, if/when offline playback is added, do you anticipate that for Apple devices we will be able to download directly to the device without the need to use iTunes?  I ask because the Onkyo HD app requires iTunes to get the files on, which really limits its usefulness, especially when travelling.  I am concerned that the use of iTunes might be an Apple requirement.

Thanks.

The files could be downloaded directly with JRemote but would only reside in JRemotes local file storage similar to what Google Play Music does. Only JRemote would see them and be able to play them.

To get music into the the devices default music storage area iTunes has to be used as per Apple's asinine requirements.

thm655321

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 12:38:11 pm »

The Onkyo app does not put them into the Apple music app either.  You have to use iTunes to add the files as data for the Onkyo app.  I am concerned that this would also be the case for JRemote.

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 11:15:27 am »

The Onkyo app does not put them into the Apple music app either.  You have to use iTunes to add the files as data for the Onkyo app.  I am concerned that this would also be the case for JRemote.

Either Onkyo had to write a program that their iOS app could talk to get the files automatically or use iTunes.  Using the default capabilities of iTunes was the cheapest and most reliable solution for Onkyo.

JRemote already has MC to supply those files so they can be store locally.  MC already has the ability to transfer/transcode for cached local playback so the implementation is most of the way there.

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 03:49:55 am »

I just added (imported) a new album which has the exact same ALBUM name as an older album already in the Library.   Both albums show up - stacked on top of one another - and when tapped, all tracks show from both albums.  In MC, this does not occur, only the new recently added (imported) album shows up.   Tried removing and adding Recently Added to the views (Customize Views for Gizmo and WebGizmo), no change.
already covered this in another thread - you have to rename one of the albums so the titles dont match.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=93712.0
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 01:48:04 pm »

already covered this in another thread - you have to rename one of the albums so the titles dont match.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=93712.0
Why do I want to rename an album just for JRemote to show it properly in RECENTLY ADDED....when JRiver shows it properlyin RECENTLY ADDED?   If JRiver can do it, JRemote should also be able to.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2014, 07:45:39 am »

There is some difference between how albums are showed in MC and via remote views.
When using the default album view, similar albums are stacked when using remote views. In MC they are not.

The default album view should probably be changed internally to prevent the stacking behaviour.

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 07:53:48 pm »

There is some difference between how albums are showed in MC and via remote views.
When using the default album view, similar albums are stacked when using remote views. In MC they are not.

The default album view should probably be changed internally to prevent the stacking behaviour.
Remember I am only talking about RECENTLY ADDED.  If I added two albums the same time with the same name I would expect the stacking behavior in Recently Added.   Thanks for the reply.

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2014, 03:27:03 pm »

Sorry if this has been answered previously:
I no longer can control volume on Iphone 6 using 3.10.
Great product, just noticed the problem.
Your thoughts, thanks and Merry Christmas to everyone.

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2014, 03:49:08 pm »

This appears to be a hardware problem, I will investigate more before requesting help.

ggannuch

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2014, 10:18:47 am »

When I try to play a track on Ipad (This device selected in Zones), I get Error message: "Audio streaming error.  There was a problem playing the current audio file." MC 20.0.46

Thanks for any suggestions.

Weedos123

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2014, 03:06:01 am »

I too have the "Audio streaming error". A little more info might be helpful in tracking down the reason.  When I have set JRemote not to transcode audio, the problem exists as all my files are either in aiff or dsf  format, neither of which are supported for playback  on the device.  When I set it to transcode to MP3 the problem remains. Happens with all iOS devices and all formats. JRemote v3.10 & MC v20.0.52 for Mac
2012 i7 Mac Mini - Media Center for mac |
Debian Wheezy 64 bit - Media Center for linux| Exasound e28 DAC

ggannuch

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2014, 10:23:32 pm »

Error message occurs when transcoding is set on or off.  Files are FLAC.  Error message went away suddenly today with no change in settings and files stream without error now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up