INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSD on the Id comes out as PCM  (Read 6487 times)

GuitRdone

• Junior Woodchuck
DSD on the Id comes out as PCM
« on: December 06, 2014, 09:26:22 pm »

I have my new Id player connected via HDMI to my Sony STR-DA5800ES2 receiver. PCM files like FLAC and AIFF that are on the SSD sound as they should.

However DSD titles show up at the receiver as PCM 192. I've searched everything and I think MC on the Id is set up not to convert anything.

DSD is in the list of compatible file types for this receiver. What am I doing incorrectly?
HT#1: Sony STR-DA5400ES, Polk RTi 7.1 speakers
HT#2: MC30, Frankenstein PC, Sony STR-DA5800ES, Polk RTi 3.1 speakers (bi-amped A9 mains)
Id: Original 120GB SSD NUC
Mobile: HIFI Walker H2 and H2 Touch

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DSD on the Id comes out as PCM
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 02:54:41 am »

DSD over HDMI is not supported, unfortunately.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

GuitRdone

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 07:47:07 am »

The receiver is a DLNA device, too. Is it possible to access the media library of the Id across the network and play DSD files natively that way?

Or is the only way to hear DSD decoded properly with the Id via an outboard USB DAC? I'm asking this question because the DSD titles I have sound pretty bad converted to PCM. Volume levels are low. It's just not the same experience as my PCM files (FLAC, AIFF).
HT#1: Sony STR-DA5400ES, Polk RTi 7.1 speakers
HT#2: MC30, Frankenstein PC, Sony STR-DA5800ES, Polk RTi 3.1 speakers (bi-amped A9 mains)
Id: Original 120GB SSD NUC
Mobile: HIFI Walker H2 and H2 Touch

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 11:53:04 am »

The receiver is a DLNA device, too. Is it possible to access the media library of the Id across the network and play DSD files natively that way?

Or is the only way to hear DSD decoded properly with the Id via an outboard USB DAC? I'm asking this question because the DSD titles I have sound pretty bad converted to PCM. Volume levels are low. It's just not the same experience as my PCM files (FLAC, AIFF).
If the receiver will accept DSD over DLNA I think that'd work.
You'll need to turn on the following option in MC's DLNA server configuration (Options->Tools->Media Network->Add or configure DLNA servers ... ->the server->Advanced->Bitstream DSD (requires DoPE compatible renderer)
Pages: [1]   Go Up