INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie and Series info in your native language, plus subtitles and Web links ..  (Read 17830 times)

fredele

• World Citizen

I wrote early little apps. that  helped MC non english users to get the most of MC by retrieving movies and series
informations from TheMovidDB and TVdB website. Some people here have probably seen it mostly on the french section,
few suggested to me a while ago to speak about it here.So I decided to tell you a little more what it is about.

In fact, my little projet has evolved and I think that, while mosty for non-english users, the app. has now some
functionnality suitable for  a larger audience.

Why ?

This version includes :

subtitles :
- OpenSubtitle search, with IMDB or with the file Hash in your language.
- SubDB search with file hash

Posters :
- Poster search on FanArt and TheMoviedB.

Weblinks :
- Searches links to wikipedia page, rotentomatoes,traileraddict,metacritic via Freebase
- Link on youtube to the trailer via Freebase

As it's a hobby work, made by an enthousiast not a programmer, things may not be so perfect but I' m sure it' s usable.
I regularly change little things on it as I found bugs or curious behaviour, ..
The Help provided looks ugly for now, but I will probably do a better job on that before the end of the year.
However, it's simple enough to be understood rapidly ..
The multiscrap engine only works with TMDB for Movies and TVDB for series as these arer the best sources i've found.
TMDB for Series scrap is only possible for single files.

If you think I should integrate another API I can probably do that, so you can leave comments on that here. Idem if your
language doesn't work properly, I can' t try every possibility myself., and the translation files for the app. are for now only available in french - german has to be updated, all other languages are fairly easely possible on request.

Honestly, I have no idea what I could implement further, that's also a reason for my post ... at this stage it would not be too difficult to do.

Here's the link on the latest release :

https://github.com/fredele/JRScrap/releases

And yes, it' s free and opensource, and will for sure stay so.  ;)

Thanks.

( N.B : For the MC devs. if I violate you rights in any manner, please let me now ... )

morrison

• Galactic Citizen

Its fully awesome! a long-awaited feature, open source, looks very usable

Merci beaucoup :)

UPD Ups, no Russian) So, this will be my first compilation after school) too difficult for me. First feature request?  ::)

draft Russian gui in attachment, sorry I don't have github skills \

UPD2 After few runs now doesn't loading

fredele

• World Citizen

Sorry for my very late reply.
I do not have many times this days to work on it.

Many thanks for your translation file. I will include it in the next release.
I will try to modify everything to include Russian when I have the time for.

fredele

• World Citizen

It's done.  :)

It wasn't too difficult to add just a language ...

https://github.com/fredele/JRScrap/releases/tag/0.4

As I do not speak a single word Russian, I'm not sure that everything works correctly .., both in Setup and program itself.
If the app. still continues crashing, please send me a mail with the zipped log files to my e-mail account which is on Gitub
Maybe, it will help me to understand what is happening.

I have also updated all the files on Github, so you can try to compile this on your own if you will.
I think it isn't very well written, still usable, I'm not a professionnal.

morrison

• Galactic Citizen

Thanks you very much! Very very fast, I awaited this since MC 9 I think ))

JRScrap in my case does't crush - its just loading few hours. If I end process, no any useful log entries created (.  I have big(?) db - 40 TB data, but its modern server,16 RAM.. And sometimes its loading for 1-2 minuets.

Generally Russian support looks fine. Setup translate fully correct. Few moments: - if name on Russian search windows have empty line and doesn't search. Data in Actors field for both TV Show and Movies, and not in Data field for episodes. Characters field for episodes created empty with ; like ;;;;;;;;.

I need a little more time for more testing, but its excellent work, thank you!

fredele

• World Citizen

Yes ..
There can be some trouble for now because I just added the language without re-checking anything for now ..
I will try to progress in this direction when I have time for ..

NB : Do you really mean 40 TB or GB ??
If this is right, I only have a very little database in comparison ! I didn't developp my app with such consideration in mind to be honest.

I will post here if I have made progress.

fredele

• World Citizen

OK, the lastest release (same link) provides the 'name search' for Movie on TMDB in Russian and the series overview doesn' appear with ? ? ? ? ? characters anymore , but in Cyrillic.
I haven't looked at the other things for now.

morrison

• Galactic Citizen

40 TB, right ::) modern media weigh a ton )

Thank for update! Search  on TMDB in Cyrillic works fine. If this can help - I can reproduce data bug and with eng gui/query. For example TMDB id 214030. After search we have 07/09/2013 in Release Date and John Turturro Fioravante in first line of Cast. But after Save we have empty data and 07/09/2013 Fioravante in the Cast, and in MC too.

Thank U

fredele

• World Citizen

I've just tried the  Movie 'Fading Gigolo'
I'm sorry but I can't reproduce the bug : it' s strange, because technically data can't go in other fields that where they're supposed to go.  ?

I will look at that.

morrison

• Galactic Citizen

Really weird. Remember! It's about region formats windows settings. I change format from Russia to French and now bug gone!

Heres my log for Launch - Choice Movie - Search (fields look ok) - Save (field bug) - Exit (no Access violation at this time) .

INFO - Log File from JRScrap
INFO - Date Generated :27.01.2015 at 1:27:30
INFO - Launching app.
ERROR - Error COM: Date
INFO - Closing app.

Sometimes (often) after press Save I see error "Jrsrap. Access violation at address 007351E9 in module 'JRScrap.exe'. Read of address 00000010". But after "OK" app doesn't crush.

So, now can test in "production" ), thanks again fredele

PS Other small Cyrillic localization bug - ru.Wikipedia url. Look like http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/\u041b\u043e\u0431\u043e\u0442\u0440\u044f\u0441\u044b instead of https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Лоботрясы (https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Glandeurs in French)

But it's the little things, sorry for spend your time, I can use it and without this links.

fredele

• World Citizen

small Cyrillic localization bug : Corrected in the last release (same link) ! It's freebase who is  encoding badly the characters .. now it appears correctly in Russian.

The regional settings gives me a '.' in Russian and a '/' in French for the Date separator.
The function who formats the date has been written by myself and used a '/' systematically : from here comes the error.
I have modified it to use the correct separator given by Windows.

Now, it should be better.

fredele

• World Citizen

Yes, all seems ok now :)

morrison

• Galactic Citizen

Can confirm, all fine with Russian date format. Many thanks!

moonraven

Hi,

your tool is great - but somehow "Scrap Medias from this line" is not working for me - it just updates one single file and then pauses forever.
In the logs I find lots of "ERROR - Error: FCurrentMovie" entries...

Any idea, what could be the reason for that?
Would really be great - as I'd like to use your tool for lots of files...

Thanks and best regards,
Moonraven

fredele

• World Citizen

Hello,
I just send you a mail
Thanks ! :)

8139david

• Galactic Citizen

For a similar project, see this post and the following ones:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=100449.msg735485#msg735485
Pages: [1]   Go Up