INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ability to use library fields under 'Convert to' options  (Read 790 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Ability to use library fields under 'Convert to' options
« on: December 14, 2014, 03:33:24 am »

I really miss the option to use library fields under 'convert to' options. There's a tickbox for creating 2 levels but that doesn't place files where I need them, so after converting I always have to use move and rename and that is getting tedious when you have to convert albums on a regular basis.

Currently when I add library fields, it literally creates the directory using the field names.

Can you please add some logic so that it enumerates library fields to values?

Thanks for considering!

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
Re: Ability to use library fields under 'Convert to' options
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 09:18:34 am »

Don't mean to be pushy but I also don't want it to go by unnoticed accidently ::)

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 11:14:41 am »

I could sort of understand it taking an expression instead of the "create x levels" choice.

But "create x levels" is pretty good in my opinion.  I'm not eager to change it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 12:34:01 pm »

I don't mean instead. What I'm thinking is to leave that option there to create the 2 levels so it doesn't change how that works now.

Simply allow the use of library fields in the path. Validate the fields when found and use their values. If not, use it literally or popup an error message for an invalid expression or path. For me personally, I'm not looking to place complex expresions there, maybe an if(isempty()), that's it.

Obviously someone using a expression or library fields will have to untick the create 2 levels, unless he knows what he's doing and that's what he actally wants.

It would eliminate an extra step I have to take each time I convert to another directory.

Either way, thanks for considering Matt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up