INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 8.0.188 Beta Available...  (Read 3601 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
MJ 8.0.188 Beta Available...
« on: January 24, 2002, 02:10:44 pm »

Media Jukebox 8.0.188 beta is available:

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox8.exe

Please backup your library and your license.

(note: you can use "Help->Check for Updates" if you've installed a previous beta of 8.0 to reduce the download size)

History:
1. Fixed: Dragging non-audio files into CD burner got broken.
2. NEW: Added Find Music and Full Screen buttons to toolbar.
3. Fixed: Memory leak in device transfer queue.
4. Fixed: If all files were moved from a virtual folder, the delete folder option didn't appear on the context menu.
5. Fixed: MPL playlist would not store extended information correctly.
6. NEW: Ogg files now support saving of MJ Metadata info (replay gain, custom fields, etc.)
7. Fixed: Deleting files from Playing Now could cause crashes.
8. Fixed: Adding files to playing now would not update Playing Now.
9. Changed: Removing files from Playing Now much faster.
10. Fixed: Lots of silliness that could happen when two files had the same filename in Playing Now.
11. Changed: Playing Now subjected to "aggressive" updates less often.
12. NEW: Added remove tag functionality to Ogg plug-in.
13. Fixed: Playing Now would show the play icon multiple times if a file was in the list more than once.
14. Fixed: Normalization function would only work intermittently.
15. Fixed: In the sound recorder, simultaneous record/encode to APE format didn't work reliably.
16. Fixed: Equalizer would not function properly.
17. Changed: Equalizer no longer consumes a lot of CPU during digital silence.
18. Fixed: Install Wizard would some times try to overwrite msvcrt.dll with old one.
19. NEW: WMA input plug-in converted to MJ plug-in.
20. NEW: WMA files now support saving of MJ Metadata info (replay gain, custom fields, etc.)
21. NEW: WMA plug-in now returns codec information.
22. NEW: WMA plug-in now supports tag removal.
23. Changed: Filtered songs now always indicated with a different icon. (don't have to be in Playing Now)
24. Changed: Filter state does a better job of staying up-to-date.
25. Fixed: EQ Preset window would not work in winamp mini-me mode.
26. Fixed: CD Labeler was positioning case inserts incorrectly on Stomper labels.
27. Fixed: CD Labeler was cutting off some text on the side flaps of CD back covers.
28. Fixed: Music01 Server's private mode will not work correctly.
29. Fixed: MJ would crash if skin was applied from mega-me mode.
30. Changed: Two new skins are added.
31. Fixed: Toggle StatusBar message is gone.

ZRocker

RE:MJ 8.0.188 Beta Available...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2002, 02:35:27 pm »

31. Fixed: Toggle StatusBar message is gone

Is not!

Harry The Hipster

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2002, 02:42:53 pm »

<<(note: you can use "Help->Check for Updates" if you've installed a previous beta of 8.0 to reduce the download size)>>

Not working. Only updates shown are for APE and mp3 encoders, which do install properly.

HTH

dragyn

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2002, 02:46:20 pm »

Yep, still there.

Also, the "Status (click to toggle display mode)" is still there from the alphas (Player Window). Is this gonna be put back into MJ? I really liked that feature. On a small screen/res, you can't display everything on one line. Plus it looks better with separate views.

dragyn

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2002, 02:58:33 pm »

Library/File Location doesn't show all files imported.

I have ape & mp3 files. mp3s are in x:\mp3 files\artist\album\ and x:\mp3 files\. Anything that's not a complete album goes in the x:\mp3 files\ dir. These are the files that don't show up. This is for the quick play thing.

LCtheDJ

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2002, 03:51:49 pm »

Still will not include all mp3 files on m3u playlists when imported.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2002, 03:54:26 pm »

(note: you can use "Help->Check for Updates" if you've installed a previous beta of 8.0 to reduce the download size)

Not there. The APE update was listed as 80KB but I downloaded 146KB before it stopped. It didn't say it installed either. Is that wrong or right?
That's right.
I'm cool.

Nikolay

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2002, 03:59:33 pm »

Sorry, my fault, I was 6:10pm and I had to run home.

Nikolay

Gatobrit

• Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2002, 04:36:30 pm »

Hi,
    Doing Properties on a large number of files (2000|PLS|) - we've lost the small window and file count.
Namaste,
John

RAVMAN

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2002, 04:43:24 pm »

EQ now works!

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2002, 05:08:44 pm »

Digital CD Playback seems to consistently just skip very quickly through the tracks.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2002, 05:19:30 pm »

If I have "Decode mp3 files directly to CD" checked when burning a CD, I get this message everytime I try to burn:

Error:'WRITE' command failed on device 1:1:0
Read/Write error or bad medium detected (04h 00h 02h 03h 73h 03h)

If I uncheck "Decode mp3 files directly to CD" and try the same burn on the same blank disc, MJ burns fine.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2002, 05:22:13 pm »

Can MJ detect when a blank CD is inserted? How about when handheld devices are connected?

If so, would it make sense to have MJ's Send To item change to the CD Burner (when a blank is inserted) or to the handheld (when it sis connected) automatically the way it does when a new playlist is created?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2002, 05:33:26 pm »

Inactive Transparency in mini-me : If you activate this from within mini-me, it doesn't seem to work unless you click on mini-me again and then back off.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2002, 05:55:18 pm »

If I have Playing Now set to Track Info or Display, and I use the double click option of Current Send To which is currently set to Add to Playing Now (replace) then MJ crashes.

This doesn't happen if I have Playing Now set to Playlist or Main or if I use the right click Play option to add to Playing Now instead of the double click Send To.

ZRocker

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2002, 06:14:32 pm »

A few Data CD burn list related bugs w/drag-n-drop support:

1. It is possible confuse MJ and have it add tracks in a data CD burn list to the Devices node and the CD-RW drive node (under Devices) by dragging files from a virtual folder to the CD-RW drive node.

2. If you highlight the CD-RW drive node to view all files in the data CD list (w/files in virtual folders), when you use drag-n-drop to move files from a virtual folder to the CD-RW drive node (ie, to the root)...the files are not moved, but copied instead (you will have a copy in the root and in the original virtual folder).  If you need a picture of that too, I can provide (but, it is quite simple to replicate).

scub

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2002, 07:49:48 pm »

Connecting to CDDB database to get information freqently times out.  It times out when trying to get information about an mp3 file not a CD, from the tools menu of file properties.

Ingo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2002, 11:03:37 pm »

31. Fixed: Toggle StatusBar message is gone
Is not!

It is. But it's replaced by it's German translation "Statusleiste ein-/ausschalten". (this is on German WinXP-Pro)

Ingo
P.S.: Thanks guys for adding this "Switch to Windowed mode" in 185. How about adding the same thing as a toolbar icon? Would be quite usefull (especially with video files) when using "Play button: Play visible file" is enabled and "Jump to Playing Now during playback" is disabled.
P.P.S.: it would be nice to have the same thing in fullscreen mode... just to have everything consistently

PhDSM

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2002, 12:22:34 am »

Thanks for this new build, unfortunately since build 180 covert art is no longer displayed in visualization. It is correcly displayed in "track Info" but it is "black"in visualization  (all Collage)

Shotgun2

• World Citizen
  • Health problems prevent almost all activity.Manufacturing Engineer, Ret.Living
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2002, 01:40:59 am »

Well - It appears that all the major bugs I had have been fixed! I'M A HAPPY CAMPER ONCE AGAIN!

Good job JR work team.

ZRocker

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2002, 04:04:02 am »

Request:
How about making the Copy (ripping) popup dialog the same mode as the CD Burning dialog...non-modal (I think...you know what I mean). I like the fact that I can minimize the CD Burning dialog and still see MJ. It would be nice if you could do the same thing while ripping, converting, etc.

Any chance of implementing this in a future build??

ZRocker

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2002, 04:16:42 am »

Another request:

I'm looking for single-click 'Locate File' feature to locate the selected track in a specific (user-configured) Media Library View Scheme.  Ideally, I'd like to see this as a toolbar-type button.  The button would be one of those button types that also has a dropdown box associated with it on the left...so, you could set the default view scheme location for the button (dropdown on the left/button on the right).  Typically, you'd set the dropdown once (MJ remembers your setting) and use the button 99% of the time.  If this type of button/dropdown box cannot be placed on the regular MJ toolbar, how about on the Playing Now Content View's toolbar (right of the 4 tabs...where other buttons for Mini-me, Full-screen and Windowed-mode are).

Did that request make any sense?

scub

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2002, 04:17:54 am »

PhDSM--
That is easy to fix right click on the visualization that is messed up and choose Visualization Studio.  Next click on "Image" and replace the field "ImageFile" with COVER_ART.  Save and close.  The cover art should now be displayed.

ZRocker

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2002, 04:35:00 am »

Bug related to Direct Sound support:

1. It appears any means that stops playback other than pressing the Stop button (ie, Continous off, start of playing a streaming URL, etc) causing the last 2 seconds of that 'stopped' track to be 'stuck' in Direct Sound and repeated (like a broken record).  I noticed this problem again while trying to stream a radio station...during the buffering/open process the prior track's sound got 'stuck' and repeated until the buffering completed or the open failed (sometimes taking over 1 minute to complete/fail).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2002, 05:27:24 am »

Z,

I'm not sure if there's much we can do about that DirectSound glitch.  DirectSound is all circle buffers, and it just loops through that buffer when we can't feed it more data.  I think Winamp does the same thing...

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ZRocker

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2002, 05:44:45 am »

Matt,

I believe you.

Another question:  How is it that Pause and Stop button actions don't exhibit this behavior with Direct Sound?  Especially, with Continous turned off...it seems MJ should be able to stop the Direct Sound output as it does when the Stop button is pressed (ie, after the last track in the list is played).

Also, BUG:

1. With Direct Sound enabled, if you press Pause/Play a few times in-a-row (w/an .MP3 playing), the Player Window status gets to a state of 'Buffering...' and hangs there (nothing every plays).  You have to press Stop then Play to restart playback from the beginning of the track.

JollyJim

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2002, 07:16:16 am »

re version 8.0.188

Boy - am I getting cheesed off (re)posting this one !!

DSP -
I cannot change the settings for Environment, Intelli-Volume and Replay Gain. Virtual-Sub and Surround are ok. Does anyone else have this problem - I've not seen anyone else reporting it ?

Jim

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2002, 07:25:36 am »

JollyJim> It's working here.

JohnT

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2002, 07:26:46 am »

Zrocker-

Bug #2 will be fixed in the next build. I haven't been able to duplicate bug #1. Can you give me a sequence of steps that I can try?

Thanks,
John T.

A few Data CD burn list related bugs w/drag-n-drop support:
1. It is possible confuse MJ and have it add tracks in a data CD burn list to the Devices node and the CD-RW drive node (under Devices) by dragging files from a virtual folder to the CD-RW drive node.

2. If you highlight the CD-RW drive node to view all files in the data CD list (w/files in virtual folders), when you use drag-n-drop to move files from a virtual folder to the CD-RW drive node (ie, to the root)...the files are not moved, but copied instead (you will have a copy in the root and in the original virtual folder). If you need a picture of that too, I can provide (but, it is quite simple to replicate).
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JollyJim

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2002, 07:34:42 am »

Doof

- I'm jealous - it has'nt worked for me in all v8 builds and I can't therefore play with replay gain etc. I dunno where to start looking - any ideas??

thanks - Jim

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2002, 07:37:03 am »

JollyJim, can you give some more details or even send a screenshot to matt @ jriver.com because I can't reproduce it?  Do the menus appear, can you click on them, etc...

Thanks.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JollyJim

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2002, 07:40:36 am »

Problems with data burn -

1. Go to data burn/options/rearrange cd folders and select artist/album

2. drag a few tracks into the cd burn list from explorer

3. note that there is no destination folder mentioned under folder

4. repeat step1

5. the output folders now appear

Also --

If you try to rearrange the order of output files in the burn list by dragging, MJ crashes

Jim

JollyJim

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2002, 07:43:34 am »

Scub

Tries your suggestion re covert art visualisation. I got a different version of the 'scope' vis, but no sign of cover art. This played for a few minutes and then MJ froze needing a reboot.

Jim

ZRocker

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2002, 07:43:45 am »

Yet another request (made this one 180 days ago too):

Support for a combo dropdown box of history for the encoder's custom command-line parameters (for Lame encoder).  I know this is a simple feature to implement...history of 10 would be plenty.  I'd like this because I'm constanty changing encoding parameters based on input source and playback destination (ie, for Live365 I use a different encoding setting than I would for home playback).  Remembering the cryptic command-line params and typing them in for each scenerio is cumbersome and easy to mistype.  Right now, I have a .txt file I use to save my own 'history' and use copy-n-paste to get them into MJ.

JollyJim

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2002, 07:54:27 am »

Matt - re DSP

For Virtual Sub and Surround Field -
1. Select the DSP icon and the menu appears
2. Select Virtual Sub or Surround Field and the drop down appears
3. Make a selection from the drop down and the description DOES change to your selection
4. If DSP was off, the action of step 3 WILL TURN IT ON

So far, no problem....

ForEnvoronment, Intelli-Volume and Replay Gain -
1. Select the DSP icon and the menu appears
2. Select Environment, Intelli-Volume or Replay Gain and the drop down appears
3. Make a selection from the drop down and the description DOES'NT change to your selection
4. If DSP was off, the action from Step 3 WILL NOT TURN IT ON

Thanks for replying - hope that helps

Jim

ZRocker

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2002, 08:04:54 am »

Bug related to Convert Format:

1. I tried to convert some MP3s from 192k bitrate to 56k using the builtin MP3 encoder (Lame) w/command-line options of '-b 56 -m m'.  What MJ produced was MP3 files twice the size (time-wise...a 5 min song became 10 mins long, etc) and playing them back they were 1/2 the normal speed (sloooow motion).  I used the same command-line options with the external encoder and Lame.exe v3.91 and the files were converted properly (as usual).

Also:

1. Any way to fix the MP3 Encoder display when using Custom command-line options to not display the Quality (bitrate)?  Because, the command-line options could have the bitrate in them and displaying the Quality after the MP3 Encoder (like 'MP3 Encoder 128KBps') is not correct.  Something more appropriate like 'MP3 Encoder (Custom)' or 'MP3 Encoder ' would be nice.

scub

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2002, 08:20:20 am »

JollyJim

Don't know what you mean by different version of 'scope' but I did these changes in Clean-n-Tidy 1 and 2 under Collage.  Before I changed it was "[Cover_Art]".  Removing the brackets and putting it in all caps seemed to work for me.  It has to be all CAPS to work right.

Poison Dan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2002, 08:39:51 am »

scub, you rule !

Thank you for your information about cover art not being displayed in visualizations. I made the change you suggested, and it works !

I do wonder why nobody answered this before. Both PhDSM and I already mentioned this in a previous thread.

Also the explorer shell extension "Add to playing now" works again. I like this build

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2002, 08:57:35 am »

I think scub did mention this before the last time it was asked. I seem to remember seeing it...

JohnT

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2002, 10:21:56 am »

JollyJim-

The first problem you mention is really by design in Media Jukebox. When you drag files into the CD burning window, it assumes you want the files to go to whatever tree folder is currently selected. So if the root folder is selected and you drag files in, they will go into the root folder. If you then click "rearrange data folders" and select (or re-select) "album/artist", they will be rearranged into those folders. I know it's a little confusing because the "rearrange folders" menu option has a checkmark next to "album/artist" so you think it's always in that "mode", but it's just showing the last rearrange option you chose. Suggestions on how to make this clearer are welcome.

The second problem you mentioned will be fixed in the next build.

Thanks,
John T.
JRiver, Inc.

Problems with data burn -
1. Go to data burn/options/rearrange cd folders and select artist/album
2. drag a few tracks into the cd burn list from explorer
3. note that there is no destination folder mentioned under folder
4. repeat step1
5. the output folders now appear

Also --

If you try to rearrange the order of output files in the burn list by dragging, MJ crashes

Jim
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up