INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Devialet & JRiver issues  (Read 3804 times)

madsumm

Devialet & JRiver issues
« on: December 17, 2014, 12:15:31 am »

Hi,

I belief there was a thread on this, but it has been 120 days old. Therefore here I start a new one.

I'm using the latest MC20 for Mac running JRiver with Devialet CoreAudio drivers to stream to Devialet 200.

If the sample rate of the file did not change, say 16bit 44khz, it plays ok. But if I have multiple rates for different files, like 24bits 192khz, 16bit 44khz, rubbish echo sound starts to play together with very bad sounding music, like drowning.

Even when I change the rates, it will work, but after 2-3 songs, it started the drowning process again.
I need to kill the JRiver and restart it, again works for next 2-3 songs and died again.

I test the setup with iTunes as well as Tidal with Devialet. It worked fine.

Also, I tried MC20 for Windows. It worked flawlessly as well.
There seems to be some caching issue when playback through its core audio drivers in Mac.

Any idea of a fix? I do not wish to setup a PC for stream for this case as I've already purchased the Mac version JRiver.

Rgds

melkijs

Re: Devialet & JRiver issues
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 05:24:42 am »

Did You find the solution? I've the same problem!

Hi,

I belief there was a thread on this, but it has been 120 days old. Therefore here I start a new one.

I'm using the latest MC20 for Mac running JRiver with Devialet CoreAudio drivers to stream to Devialet 200.

If the sample rate of the file did not change, say 16bit 44khz, it plays ok. But if I have multiple rates for different files, like 24bits 192khz, 16bit 44khz, rubbish echo sound starts to play together with very bad sounding music, like drowning.

Even when I change the rates, it will work, but after 2-3 songs, it started the drowning process again.
I need to kill the JRiver and restart it, again works for next 2-3 songs and died again.

I test the setup with iTunes as well as Tidal with Devialet. It worked fine.

Also, I tried MC20 for Windows. It worked flawlessly as well.
There seems to be some caching issue when playback through its core audio drivers in Mac.

Any idea of a fix? I do not wish to setup a PC for stream for this case as I've already purchased the Mac version JRiver.

Rgds
Pages: [1]   Go Up