INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't burn, tried everything, please help  (Read 728 times)

Adam

Can't burn, tried everything, please help
« on: January 24, 2002, 10:24:47 am »

Hi...I just registered (i.e. PAID for) Jukebox 7.2, but much to my annoyance, I can't burn a disc. Everytime I try, MJ crashes with an error to NUDCR.DLL or something like that.

I'm running Windows ME on a Pentium III/700 with a Sony 1754 CD-R/W 24/10/40. When I try to burn, the first couple of tracks come out okay, but somewhere around the 5th or 6th track or so, when MJ is going through it's burning process (or testing process) it stops burning around the 40% mark of each track. When it's over, the CD ejects, but I get the error message and MJ quits. The end result is a CD on which the first few tracks are fine, and the subsequent ones are a garbled mess of a few seconds of a mix of many songs, jumping and skipping all over the place.

I've tried everything I could find in the FAQ to fix the problem, checking and unchecking DMA, checking disconnect etc. Is there something I'm missing? Might the program be incompatible with my CD-RW? If it is, I want my money back! Cuz all I'm getting so far is a lot of useless CD-Rs.

Please help!

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Can't burn, tried everything, please help
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2002, 10:38:39 am »

You might try our new version 8 beta. It has a new version of the burning engine with a lot of bug fixes. To download the beta, look for a thread on this forum called something like "Media Jukebox 8.0.xxx beta available" for the link to the latest beta version. It's becoming pretty stable. Your version 7 license is good for version 8 as well.

If you want to stick with 7.2, first make sure you have the last build (7.2.280). If it still fails (even at a slower burn speed), try unchecking the "use generic driver" checkbox on the cd writer settings page. It sounds like buffer under-run, there's a section about that on the "cd burning tips" page under the help menu on this web page.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up