INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tracks playing in "sequence", not in order by track # [Solved]  (Read 4174 times)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
Tracks playing in "sequence", not in order by track # [Solved]
« on: December 04, 2017, 05:49:21 pm »

Just installed MC23 on 4 computers and not happy.

Here we go again, why in the world are all my albums not playing songs in the track order but in some goofy sequence order.

I had a friend who worked on this issue for months trying to get the tracks to play in track order and not by sequence, he basically gave up on jriver completely.

Why does this keep happening, why is sequence even there, it make 0% sense.

Can someone please help.

Thanks
TC

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: why are tracks playing per "sequence" and not in order by track #
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 06:48:14 pm »

Given that it is extremely easy to resequence tracks in a Playlist and in Playing Now, and that Views give you complete control over the sort sequence, you are going to have to provide much more information.

If you know your friend's User Name on the forum, or can point us to threads where s/he asked for help, that might provide some clue as to the issue.

Because basically, if your albums are sorted by track number, and you add them to Playing Now (for example by right-clicking an Album thumbnail and selecting "Add to Playing Now"), then they will be added to Playing Now in Track number sequence. Unless you have settings to say otherwise.

The Sequence Number in Playing Now/Playlists is just a way for MC to remember the order that you want to play files. If Playing Now/Playlists is still sorted by sequence number because you haven't re-sorted it, you can even drag and drop files to changes the sequence. Both are just a list referencing media files.

So, how do you add Albums to Playing Now/Playlists?
Please confirm which Sequence order/number you are seeing? Where are you seeing it?
Is it just in Playing Now/Playlists?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 07:15:47 pm »

This is what happened I believe:

Before I installed MC23, the last time I played something in MC22 it was via shuffle mode. When I installed MC23 (with the settings carried over) the first album I choose to listen to was shuffled and thus somehow the track order was resequenced to match the shuffle (which I still don't understand) but anyway, after turning shuffle off, closing MC23 and restarting it, the tracks now play correctly via track# order.

Kinda of weird, I had a hunch this was happening, thought I had restarted MC23 after turning off shuffle mode but maybe not, it wasn't until I just restarted MC23 again after dinner with shuffle mode off that now that songs play in correct order via track#.

Thanks for listening.

TC

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Tracks playing in "sequence", not in order by track # [Solved]
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 01:23:00 am »

The problem with computers is that they do exactly what you tell them to do.

jctcom

• Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!
Re: Tracks playing in "sequence", not in order by track # [Solved]
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 01:24:50 pm »

I came searching in the forum because I was having this issue.  It turns out that my "Shuffle" (Upper right of the display window) option was set to "On".  Must have done that for some reason in the past and forgot about it.  But I didn't initially look there because I figured if it was "On" it would be blue similar to the "DSP" icon.  Apparently this is not the case.

Having switched it to "Automatic" my albums when added are now being added in the correct track order.  (I am sure switching it to "Off" would have the same effect).

Carl

jamezua

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2024, 01:18:24 pm »

Given that it is extremely easy to resequence tracks in a Playlist and in Playing Now, and that Views give you complete control over the sort sequence, you are going to have to provide much more information.

So, how do you add Albums to Playing Now/Playlists?
Please confirm which Sequence order/number you are seeing? Where are you seeing it?
Is it just in Playing Now/Playlists?

I am sorry to bump up this old thread, it's says that is solved but apparently it's not. I am playing m3u playlist that usually worked good but after HD formatting and reinstalling everything my playlist doesn't respect the order of the tracks I have previously chosen, just go bt the track # and seq, even after reordering and saving again. Is there something I'm missing in the setup? Thanks in advance ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up