INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transfer pmw to drive not in Pono player  (Read 2011 times)

shieber

• Recent member
Transfer pmw to drive not in Pono player
« on: February 01, 2015, 10:06:02 am »

Can anyone fill me in on how to transfer files to a SD card in a usb reader/writer instead of pono but using pmw?  The drive shows up under Devices in pmw and you can drag files to the drive but when you look at details in the Action Window for the drive it says File Not Supported."  I got it to work once -- usb3 speeds too) but haven't been able to get it to work since.
The advantage of doing it this way instead of just side loading in windows explorer is that you can easily group files into a playlist with multiple criteria and then transfer in one job.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: Transfer pmw to drive not in Pono player
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 09:37:07 am »

You might be able to add it as a "Handheld".  See the settings in MC.  You can also add filetypes that are supported there.

shieber

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 11:56:31 am »

You might be able to add it as a "Handheld".  See the settings in MC.  You can also add filetypes that are supported there.

The file type is flac, already kosher. pmw lists the cardreader drive along with the pono player internal memory and the sd card in the pono player, but drag files to the cardreader device and select details, after analysis it says File type not supported.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 01:00:44 pm »

FLAC may be fine on the Pono device, but PMW may not think so for the card itself.  Take a look at the handheld settings.

shieber

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 10:26:20 am »

FLAC may be fine on the Pono device, but PMW may not think so for the card itself.  Take a look at the handheld settings.

If I add it as device then drag and drop to the device instead of the drive, which also shows in the action window, then I can transfer the files to a cardreader/writer. Am I the one confused or is it the program? ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up