INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pono Music World 20.0.50 for Mac -- Available Here  (Read 8724 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Pono Music World 20.0.50 for Mac -- Available Here
« on: December 23, 2014, 06:49:15 pm »

This is the latest version of MC20.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com.s3.amazonaws.com/ponotest/PonoMusicWorld200050.dmg

20.0.50 (12/23/2014)

1. Fixed: In format conversion dialog, if a target directory was specified along with multiple levels, the converted file ended up in the wrong folder.
2. Fixed: In format conversion dialog, if a target directory was entered that did not exist or was not writable, the conversion would fail without a helpful message.
3. Fixed: DLNA serving of Ogg, MP3, MP4 files with conversion to uncompressed wave would fail on some devices because of an incorrect transcoded length value.
4. Fixed: Dates were not displayed with the locale settings in system preferences.
5. Fixed: The main application menu would often not be shown until the mouse was clicked within the app's window.
6. PDT-180 - Changed: "Open URL" removed from file menu.
7. Fixed: PDT-237 - When PMW app is launched from Finder on Mac, the PMW menu doesn't appear.
8. Changed: PDT-242 - An Eject button now appears on the Firmware update action window after the download completes.
9. Changed: PDT-244 - Update the application header logo.
10. Changed: PDT-245 - Change the text that appears when a firmware update fails due to insufficient disk space.

20.0.45 (12/8/2014)

1. Changed: More informative message in the case of download failures.
2. Fixed: File transfers to PonoPlayer were much slower than doing it via Finder.

20.0.44 (12/5/2014)

1. Fixed: Automatic recognition of PonoPlayer was not always reliable, especially if there was a long delay before user clicked the 'transfer files' button on it.
 2. Changed: More informative status text in the firmware download action window.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Richheart

• Recent member
Re: Pono Music World 20.0.50 for Mac -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 02:21:18 am »

Auto update is not functioning.
I don't report this, because it always appears to be related to the last version (i.e. 20.0.45 at present).
Having checked that 20.0.50 exists, I went into 20.0.45 and tried to auto update. It said the software was up to date.
Then I installed 50 manually.

channel-1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 03:46:17 pm »

Ripping a CD is still problematic.

When I insert a CD, PMW20 always advises there is no CD in drive.

I can usually "double click" on the error message in the main pane to read the CD successfully.
At first the loaded drive is displayed as "Compact Disk", then it shows as "Audio CD" but informs
that no disk is inserted.  Then I double click the error message at which point the CD
and its tracks are displayed. 

The active window jumps back and forth between PMW and iTunes about 3 times when
ripping a single disk.  That is, iTunes becomes the active application 3 times in the ripping
process.  So I'm always have to locate and click back to PMW.

Once the CD is visible, there are 3 logical drives displayed:
/dev/rdisk2, /dev/rdisk5, and /dev/rdisk3.  Only one CD drive is connected
and I always find this puzzling.

I believe the CD always shows up associated with rdisk3.

al1947

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 09:19:40 am »

It's a little thing, but it would be a big help for users who have both MC20 and PMW to keep the numbering of the latest releases identical whenever possible. I would imagine that there might be a Pono-specific update -- for example, a fix in the store mechanics -- that might prevent that. But being at MC20-52 and PMW20-50 is a little confusing and leads me to wonder if all the issues fixed in MC20-52 are also fixed in the latest Pono release.

uraslacker

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 12:11:02 pm »

It's a little thing, but it would be nice to make this thing "retina pretty". While Pono Music World is reasonably functional on my retina mbpro, it is most assuredly fugly.

Thanks,

Ura

Cheezmo

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 04:10:10 pm »

My music library is in Apple Lossless format.  I have a smart playlist set to sync the Pono.  Since the Pono does not support Apple's NORM tags for volume normalization, I have Pono Music World set to convert to flac in order to tag with ReplayGain.

There are several issues revealed in this scenario.

1) While Pono Music World computes ReplayGain for Apple Lossless files, it does not appear to tag them (if the Pono reads ReplayGain tags from Apple Lossless fixing this would eliminate the need to convert to flac.

2) When Pono Music World makes its space estimate for syncing Apple Lossless converted to FLAC it assumes the files sizes will be cut in half (as if the source files were not compressed at all).  It should recognize that the source files are already compressed and the estimated space should be similar for both Apple Lossless and FLAC.  As a result, Pono Music World will try to sync many more files than will fit and run out of space in the process.

3) After the sync completes, and things refresh, it doesn't match the converted files it just synced to the source files in the Smart Playlist so it shows that it will copy everything over again, duplicating what is already on the Pono.

It should be possible to set things up this way and after syncing have it recognize that everything is synced and not try to copy everything over again.

jlazar

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 09:53:23 pm »

Does not remember my username.

abkowijma

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 09:05:39 am »

'Delete from handheld any files not in sync list' still doesn't appear to be working (since version .40 or so). See also separate item with similar topic.

I really miss this feature as it would allow me to remove files in a dedicated playlist to make room for others on my Mac and then simply re-sync the playlist to make it happen on the Pono player (I have a playlist per disk for this purpose).

al1947

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 09:59:52 am »

Delete from handheld any files not in sync list

x2

revelry1973

• Recent member
Re: Pono Music World 20.0.50 for Mac -- SPINNING WHEEL - BUG
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 03:22:54 pm »

Hi...
I have "50" installed. Worked fine for awhile...

Now when it opens it works momentarily then I get the colored spinning wheel indefinitely.

Runs for hours.  Now I have no Pono Music player  :'(

Any ideas.  I am going to try "36"

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.  No help.  Have to force kill every time.

Notes:
Using a NAS (Synology)

revelry1973

• Recent member
Re: Pono Music World 20.0.50 for Mac -- SPINNING WHEEL UPDATED
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2015, 03:56:24 pm »

Well...I tried to install "42".

Not working.

I tried "36" and it is working fine.

JRiver, what is different about "50" and "36" that is causing my machine to hang?

imacgenius

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 01:09:39 pm »

I installed 50, the pono player shows 57.5 GB internal storage but not the 64 g external? How do i fix this? I have reb ;)ooted player, installed 64 g SD and replaced it with another card, rebooted my MAC. Nothing, yet the player shows the sd card is installed and empty! Help

channel-1

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2015, 01:22:35 pm »

@imacgenius, I find that sometimes the player does not mount when I plug it in to USB.  For me, unplugging the USB cable and plugging it in again works and both the internal memory and external SD card are mounted in the OSX Finder.  This happens even when PMW is not in use -- so I suspect that it is a Pono Player firmware issue.

Have you never been able to mount the SD card at all?  I've read a couple of posting from  customers who seem to have gotten defective external SD cards.  So if nothing works, I'd contact Pono and let them know it won't mount and request a replacement.
Pages: [1]   Go Up