INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keyboard does not work in WMC when JRiver is loaded.  (Read 1567 times)

wfveennl

Keyboard does not work in WMC when JRiver is loaded.
« on: December 24, 2014, 07:06:03 am »

Hi,

Ik was not able to find a solution to my problem elswhere in the forum but if there is a post about this please let me know.

I use Windows media Center to record TV programs and the JRiver Media Center for music streaming. I would like to have the JRiver Media Center Server loaded at all times but when it is loaded my quick keys for WMC my Logitech keyboard, like sound volume and fast forward/backwards, do not respond anymore. When I unload JRiver everything is working fine again.

Is there anything in the setting of JRiver ( I could not find) I could change to disable the keyboard in JRiver?

krmasson

• World Citizen
Re: Keyboard does not work in WMC when JRiver is loaded.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 07:20:54 am »

Same behaviour for me, but in my case this is the behaviour I want. I am not aware of any settings related to this.

I do not know if this works, but you could try to change the respective order in which JRiver Media Server and Windows Media Center are loaded/started, so that WMC receives the keystrokes first.

Without any guaranty, but just try.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 10:09:26 am »

The issue is ultimately with WMC, not JRiver MC.  Usually when a program has 'focus', it processes all HID inputs that applies to it - but with WMC, that is not the case for some reason.  The only solution is to use a tool like Event Ghost, but expect a lot of configuration/trial and error before it all works like you want.

krmasson

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 04:48:01 am »

The issue is ultimately with WMC, not JRiver MC. 
Not sure. I experience the issue with Qobuz Desktop Player : when Qobuz runs alone, it normally catches some keystrokes like Play/Pause, Forward...  But when JR Media Player or JR Media Server are loaded, they catch all media keystrokes (play/pause, forward, back), even if Qobuz or any other app has the focus.

I do not use Windows Media Player at all. As a result, for me the issue is with JRiver, and I experience it on two different computers, both running Windows 7.
Pages: [1]   Go Up