INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finding Hebrew language ID3/metadata  (Read 3055 times)

sdrucker

Finding Hebrew language ID3/metadata
« on: December 28, 2014, 04:49:35 pm »

Hi,
I'm in the process of ripping my music CD collection to disk for MC playback. Aside from my native English language rock, pop, jazz, and world music stuff, I have maybe 150 to 200 CDs from Israel I've bought over the years, most with Hebrew album info only. When I import/rip into MC, some are transliterated into English, some have Hebrew info that imports as well, but probably a good 40% if not more apparently have no metadata at all.

I can transliterate some of this based on my acquired Israeli Hebrew knowledge (with some help from my electronic dictionary, as printed Hebrew has no vowels), or use my iPad keyboard or physical hebrew KB to type in titles manually or doing individual copy and paste (yuck). But before I go either route, does anyone know of a plug-in that will work with JRiver to do Hebrew language ID3 searches, or a good website with the tags? I have moderate working knowledge of the language, and straight Hebrew info would be beseder (OK), even me'uleh (great).

Any ideas? Sites like Allmusic or even Israeli catalog sites like Israel-Music.com or Mizrahit.co.il are rather limited on having much title info I can copy directly.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Finding Hebrew language ID3/metadata
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 09:43:30 am »

You might try Discogs if the artists are not too esoteric http://www.discogs.com/

I heard Amazon is trying to set up a sight there in 2015 .. not sure that would help much though
Pages: [1]   Go Up