INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Choosing to play 3D BD iso in 3D or 2D - will this "trick" work?  (Read 1322 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Choosing to play 3D BD iso in 3D or 2D - will this "trick" work?
« on: December 31, 2014, 09:23:09 am »

I've been following the 3D .iso playback threads with interest, but detached since I don't have time to experiment with the bdmv3d filetype and scripts yet. However, when I do try it, I am hoping that I can still retain 2D playback of 3D disk images within MC as well. Sometimes my 5 year old doesn't want to wear glasses, or we just want to watch a quick clip and don't need to change interfaces to TMT etc.

I noticed when clearing my video library of duplicates, that sometimes a video file would show up twice in my library because it had two sidecar files associated with it. I could initiate playback from either entry in MC, even though it was the same file being played. I think duplicate sidecar files are a loophole possibility because I am using a drive-pooled unraid server to store my media.
This gives me an idea.
What if I duplicate the sidecar file for a 3D .iso, and then edit one of them to remain as an iso filetype for 2D playback in MC. The other could be remain as bdmv3d for playing in 3D in TMT. The same ISO should show up as two files in standard view. Has anyone tried such a thing, even for another purpose?

Hilton

Re: Choosing to play 3D BD iso in 3D or 2D - will this "trick" work?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 06:08:14 am »

I couldn't get this to work at all. Im not sure how you created duplicated sidecar files of the same file unless it was imported using 2 different paths to the same file.

Another way to do this is have a duplicate 2D only library where all the files play as native MC20 by using filetype associations.
As I mentioned in my other thread I over-ride the filetype tags for 3D files.
Using the same logic you can import everything as a normal ISO and set it for 3D external playback in the 3D library and have the 2D library just open the ISO natively in JRiver.
I tested this and it works when changing filetype tags for both ISOs and MKV with MVC encoding across two different libraries.

I cant think of any other way of doing this, but It might be nice if they added the concept of profiles to the user accounts where a profile stores all MC20 settings per profile or user.
Come to think of it, you could do this with another windows user profile and login to windows with a new user account specifically for 2D.
Import the library into the new user and set if for native MC20 playback.

Personally I think having two libraries is simpler at this stage.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: Choosing to play 3D BD iso in 3D or 2D - will this "trick" work?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 11:14:42 pm »

I couldn't get this to work at all. Im not sure how you created duplicated sidecar files of the same file unless it was imported using 2 different paths to the same file.

Yes, I see what you mean. I think unRaid allows this to happen (by accident) because it is Linux-based and therefore case sensitivity is important. So a sidecar can be called the same thing in the same directory, as long as there is a difference in the capitalisation. I will check this and see what happens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up