INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help, file type bdmv3d is gone  (Read 1251 times)

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
Help, file type bdmv3d is gone
« on: January 03, 2015, 08:36:28 am »

Seems to be a bug with file types.
I have installed JRiver MC 20.0.50 on my server, because I want a centralized JRiver database that can be used on several clients.
I restored the library frin my HTPC (also running MC 20.0.50) onto the server.
(all media content is accessed trough shares so the folder names was all the same as before)
I then connected MC on the HTPC to the server library.

I now notice two things.
1) A lot of tags have been reset. For example are all movies that was marked as 3D movies by setting file type to "bdmv3d" been marked as file type "iso" again.
2) When trying to tag the file type to "bdmv3d" the option is not available any more, view attached image.
Under Options\File type, bdmv3d is avilable.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=94241.0;attach=15871

Is this a bug?
How do I fix this?

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • MC Nerd
Re: Help, file type bdmv3d is gone
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 11:46:14 am »

Did you restore the actual library or from a backup? It sounds like it was from a backup that had not "seen" the 3d changes you made. From other threads I believe these were recent changes?

Also make sure of your version numbers on the server. Is it possible it is an older version and not .50?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 11:49:38 am »

"File Type" is a simple text field, it doesn't have pre-defined values as such. In the dropdown it'll show all types that are currently in use, but you can just type "bdmv3d" in there as text. Once you typed it in once, further files will then also have it in the dropdown, since its now used by a file.
Note that an ISO is not what bdmv3d should be used for, since its not a Blu-ray structure - and importing Blu-ray structures of a 3D movie will automatically flag them as bdmv3d as well.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 12:06:46 pm »

I don't see the "bdmv3d" as a Tagging choice in the drop-down selection box either.
But if you add the column "File Type" to your Standard View and manually type in "3dmv3d", it will be a selection in the Tagging window drop down box the next time you open it.

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 06:19:19 pm »

Thanks
The solution was to type it in the first time.
I did not get it as the new value continued to go away. Found the reason for that to be that I had to define username and password on the server MC install. Without it the tags was reset everytime I restarted MC.

Still dont know how/why the tags was reset in the first place. I think I restored the right lib.
My best thesis is that I had taken the server offline before doing the backup. Autoimport removed the files not found. The server was restored and all shared files available, and reread into the library - now with the values missing (protect network file was of because some network drives was moved just before.
Then the backup was done, but the error was already introdused...
I think that would explain the behaviour seen.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your input.
Pages: [1]   Go Up