INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging error, but why?  (Read 1526 times)

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
Tagging error, but why?
« on: January 04, 2015, 01:38:29 pm »

Hi

I'm getting error messages from my music library after I moved the music files to a new location.
The location referred to is the correct one. I have ensured that there is no write protection and that the user that is logged on to the computer has write access to the files, even when accessing them trough the share. The cover art in the library is changed even if I get the error message.
Can anyone help me figure out what is causing this?
(I can trigger the error by remove/add  the cover art)

I have attached a log file from jriver. I reset the log, tried to remove the cover art, got the error message, viewed the current log and saved it to the attaced text file.
JR MC is running on the server MIDNATTSOL under an account with administrator rights. This is the only account on the server, and is the same account that is currently logged on to the computer.
The account name is htp...
Modified: Added log file and rights info.

psam

• World Citizen
Re: Tagging error, but why?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 02:02:54 pm »

Have you set a specific directory to save cover art in an external location, not available anymore?
Do you get the same behaviour after restarting your PC?

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 02:15:34 pm »

Have you set a specific directory to save cover art in an external location, not available anymore?
Do you get the same behaviour after restarting your PC?
No, I have checked this and it is in the default folder, and the folder is there and it is available. The cover art for this album can be found at that location, and is created and modified today.
I do get the same behaviour after restarting the PC.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 11:23:39 am »

Check the "properties of the folder" in Windows Explorer (just right click on the folder name). Make sure the folders are not set to Read Only.
For some reason, on my computer, all new folders I create are defaulted to be Read Only. In Windows Explorer I just need to "uncheck" the Read Only box in the properties window to get things working properly.

Maybe this is the same issue on your computer.

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 12:28:01 pm »

Thanks, but I have checked this and it's not the cause.
Pages: [1]   Go Up