INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crash: High/Low Shelf Filter Q >1  (Read 2342 times)

• Citizen of the Universe
Crash: High/Low Shelf Filter Q >1
« on: July 15, 2015, 01:05:44 pm »

When (accidentally) setting the Q above 1 for this type of filter in the parametric EQ, I get a warning and then Media Center freezes.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Crash: High/Low Shelf Filter Q >1
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 01:21:37 pm »

You're right.  That's a strange one.

Next build of MC 21:
Fixed: Entering a Q value that was too large on the high-shelf / low-shelf filters would hang the program.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 01:32:39 pm »

62, just for your reference, Q settings above 1 for shelves have never been supported.  MC used to let you enter a value over 1, but the resulting shelf would just have a Q of 1 (regardless of what PEQ showed).  

At one point in the not too distant past (at my request) there was a popup added notifying folks that Q's greater than 1 weren't supported, so hopefully MC will still advise whatever the supported range is after this fix.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 01:36:40 pm »

At one point in the not too distant past (at my request) there was a popup added notifying folks that Q's greater than 1 weren't supported, so hopefully MC will still advise whatever the supported range is after this fix.

It'll still throw the popup.

It's just that something terrible was happening when it was showing the popup.  I don't understand it completely, but I just moved the popup so that the call stack is empty and that solved it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 04:37:24 pm »

62, just for your reference, Q settings above 1 for shelves have never been supported.  MC used to let you enter a value over 1, but the resulting shelf would just have a Q of 1 (regardless of what PEQ showed).
Yes, I remember that. What happened here is that I selected the wrong field and typed in a value greater than 1 and MC froze. And it was 100% repeatable.

Glad to hear that it was easy to fix.
Pages: [1]   Go Up