INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Master License -- $69.98  (Read 85738 times)

Ataylor

• Recent member
Re: NEW: Master License -- $44.98 until January 28
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2015, 06:19:15 pm »

Question - Do I need a master license to install JRiver MC on the same computer 2x?  I'm going to try Windows Server along with Windows 8 via a dual boot.

Should I get the Master License for this or is the normal license sufficient to have 2 instances on the same computer but for 2 different Windows OS's?

Thanks

Arleigh

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2015, 06:47:08 pm »

If the machines are both Windows, you only need a Windows license.

dvdr

• Recent member
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2015, 07:00:04 pm »

I wanted to upgrade to Master, since I do mostly work on a MAC now. I already have a valid MC 20  license on a Windows machine, that I currently cannot access. I wanted to use the chance to get the special upgrade offer to Master, but there seems no way to do so without having access to my Windows machine, right? If I download and install V20 on my MAC (right here from the board, the latest version), it says Trial Period expired (why that?) and offers to send an extension code. But when I asked for one and entered it, V20 splash screen on my MAC closed, and when I reopened it, it still said Trial Period expired and there's no way to start the program anymore. The purchase link leads to the 44$-version...
So right now, I am completely stuck.
Any suggestions, what to do?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2015, 07:42:51 pm »

You can retrieve your licenses from our server.  Follow the instructions in the first post of this thread.

Make sure you have the latest build of MC installed.  Restore your license if necessary.

Peter_S

« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2015, 07:53:21 pm »

I have a mac and a pc, both with older versions (neither with version 20).  Can I simply purchase the master license for $49 and install over my current versions?  What is the proper procedure?

Also, how many computers am I allowed to install on once I have the master license?

Thanks, Peter

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2015, 08:17:51 pm »

Yes.  But it's $44.98 right now.  Just download the latest from the download page.  Purchase from the Help menu in the program.

You can install it on all your computers, within reason.

TrevorW

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2015, 04:05:20 am »

Hi GUys,
I've been busy with my day job . . . only just seen this offer.
I have an ID version 20xxx and a Windows version 19xxx JRiver MC licence.
Can I have a master licence for the two.
If so what the upgrade process for the ID and PC

Thanks
Regards
Trevor McCarthy-White
Synology DS411 NAS server/JR ID24.0.17/MC26.0.107-5/Benchmark DAC1 USB/Rotel RC1590/RB1582Mk2/Bowers and Wilkins CM10S2/CM1S2/Ruark Dialogue/REL R205

haylo75

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2015, 06:53:49 am »

Hello, I just found out about the Master License upgrade for MC20 users via email, and also the 1/28 deadline. I'd like to purchase, but am out of town on business until 1/31 and cannot purchase from the Help menu in MC until then. Is there a way to extend the offer to 1/31?

Thanks,
Kerr
Kerr

mells

« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2015, 07:34:27 am »

unable to upgrade? have latest version 16. downloaded 20 then restored license for 16. no upgrade in help menu. Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2015, 07:37:39 am »

unable to upgrade? have latest version 16. downloaded 20 then restored license for 16. no upgrade in help menu. Thanks

Please download from the download page, install, restore your license if needed, and purchase from the Help menu of the program.  Thanks.

audiojerry

• Recent member
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2015, 10:44:46 am »

I purchased version 19 seven months ago. My only use is for ripping cd's in uncompressed format and streaming high resolution music files to my audio system, and version 19 works very well for this.

Is there any advantage to upgrading to version 20 for this purpose? 

Also, how long after I purchased version 19 in mid-June did version 20 become available?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2015, 10:51:44 am »

You can try MC20 for 30 days for free.

MC20 licenses began in August, but the program wasn't available for a few more weeks.

audiojerry

• Recent member
« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2015, 11:05:32 am »

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Can you help me find or provide a link for what's new/improved about v20?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2015, 11:13:41 am »

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2015, 11:14:56 am »

New features are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90659.0

Please use another thread for discussion.  This one is regarding the new license.

michaeljalves

• Recent member
« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2015, 04:02:22 pm »

Will there be a lifetime license offered?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2015, 04:28:36 pm »

No.

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2015, 05:25:04 pm »

Well I screwed up, followed the link from my email message about the new license to purchase the master license thinking I would get the discounted price since I would be inputting the same info I have used for years now purchasing jriver MC. nope was charged 44.xx
Is there any way to fix this ? if not it's no biggie you guys deserve a tip for all your hard work on MC.
Although I have to admit that I am a little miffed that a so called bug fix has resulted in tag names to be truncated once again, just what is so horrible about fully showing a tag name? example Book Series Volume is now Book Series Vol...(granted this is better than it used to be).
Sorry I am moving off the subject of the license.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2015, 06:02:55 pm »

You'll hear from Deanna in a day or two.

jazzrome

• Recent member
« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2015, 07:03:04 pm »

No.
Jim is there a lifetime license for JRiver for windows only

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2015, 07:13:57 pm »

No.

dsnyder0cnn

• Recent member
« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2015, 09:08:52 am »

I updated to version 20.0.62 on my Mac before using the upgrade option under the help menu.  After doing the $19.98 upgrade, successfully installing the license, and restarting JRiver, "Registration Info..." still shows that I have a Mac License...and the "Upgrade to Master License..." option is still there under Help.  Although the release notes for this version suggest that this issue has been addressed, apparently it has not.  :-/

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2015, 09:17:54 am »

I updated to version 20.0.62 on my Mac before using the upgrade option under the help menu.  After doing the $19.98 upgrade, successfully installing the license, and restarting JRiver, "Registration Info..." still shows that I have a Mac License...and the "Upgrade to Master License..." option is still there under Help.  Although the release notes for this version suggest that this issue has been addressed, apparently it has not.  :-/

We don't have a license install record for your master license, so maybe it's not really installed?

Can you use logging to get a log of you starting the program and then send it to johnt at jriver dot com?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2015, 09:22:45 am »

I updated to version 20.0.62 on my Mac before using the upgrade option under the help menu.  After doing the $19.98 upgrade, successfully installing the license, and restarting JRiver, "Registration Info..." still shows that I have a Mac License...and the "Upgrade to Master License..." option is still there under Help.  Although the release notes for this version suggest that this issue has been addressed, apparently it has not.  :-/
Also, do you have an older version of Media Center (18 or 19) installed on the same Mac?  The default file association on Mac is quite sticky and may still be pointing to Media Center 18 or 19 when you run the license installer file (.mjr).  Find your mjr file (probably in Downloads folder) and right-click on it and select "Open with..." and make sure it's choosing to open with the version 20 installer.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

dsnyder0cnn

• Recent member
« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2015, 11:38:16 am »

That was it!  Default PackageInstaller on my Mac is version 18.0.  I used right-click and picked "PackageInstaller (20)" and all was good.  I guess I need to deinstall v18 and v19.  Thanks.

wparsons

« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2015, 03:32:17 pm »

I've only learned about JRiver Media Center recently, and would like to download the trial. If/when I'm ready to buy, I'd be interested in a license for both Mac and Windows.

As luck would have it, I discovered this special pricing for the cross-platform Master license on the very last day of the special period.

Is there any way to get an extension of the special Master License pricing so that I have a chance to use the trial for a bit to see if it's right for me?

Having to choose between dropping $45 sight unseen or paying nearly double that if I want to spend even a week with the trial is a tough pill to swallow.

Please let me know if there is anything you can do.

Nevermind. Tried JRiver out for a few hours and purchased it.

Thanks.

JoanRivers

• Recent member
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2015, 01:41:05 am »

I just purchased MC...I think. I.e. I didn't have it and I chose the "Purchase Master License  $79.98 (Recommended, since it is valid for Windows, Mac, and Linux)  Special price through January 28, 2015:  $44.98  Purchase from the Help Menu of the latest MC20" option.

Not exactly sure what time zone you guys are...if I did download MC then hopefully I qualified for the special price...it's what went through on my card.

If the Master License is NOT the actual MC and I should have opted for the "Purchase Windows only for $49.98  (Works only for Windows)" option, then is it possible to reverse my purchase and get the Windows version?

Looking at my download list I see that the file is 1.2 kb.

The Master License was promoted as a special and it was in the same section as the different OS versions of MC.

Again, if I haven't actually purchased the actual MC software I wanted, can we rectify this issue?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2015, 07:08:29 am »

Just download MC and install it.  Then use your new license to do a restore.  See the Purchase Page for details.

JoanRivers

• Recent member
Re: NEW: Master License -- $44.98 -- EXTENDED through January 31
« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2015, 03:30:08 am »

Just download MC and install it.  Then use your new license to do a restore.  See the [url=http://www.jriver.com/purchase.html]Purchase Page[/url] for details.

That's a wall of text there. Didn't read it as I think beforehand I got on track with the install...hopefully everything is alright now.

Pretty new to the world of PCs but I do appreciate it when installing new products is straightforward. E.g. getting an app from a tech magazine's DVD...nothing really to read, can bluff your way into getting it to work.

Your site is a bit confusing about the product though...as in there are other products which have features which "unlock" with payment or whathaveyou. Wasn't clear to me whether the Master licence was such an item. I.e. you needed to have purchased MC20 in order for the 'unlock' to be any good to you. That's why I was a bit worried whether I blew about $50 on an unlock without the requisite product!

Also, have gotten other downloads and you input whatever code you need to input at the time. With your system you've got the platform choice, the product choice and then a link to download the product (I later found out) and then a registration process.

From my point of view, it would be good if you went into the purchase section that you not only paid for the product but it downloaded at the same time and when that process was complete you input whatever code you need to in order to get the product to work.

I'm so much happier when I don't have to read a wall of text!

Thanks.

Tim-Ann

• Recent member
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2015, 09:57:07 am »

Hi there,

Should we have received our master licence by now I have both MC20 for PC and Mac but no E-mail as yet I'm sure they are both on the same PayPal E-mail address?

Many thanks, Tim.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2015, 09:59:18 am »

It should be mailed early this week.

Tim-Ann

• Recent member
Re: NEW: Master License -- $69.98
« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2015, 01:31:23 am »

Hi there,

Many thanks Jim.

Tim.

Steve Johnson

« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2015, 05:54:36 pm »

Hello,

I was checking out the trial version of MC20 on my work computer (Windows) and home computer (Mac)
Last Monday (Jan 26) I got the email about the Master License special for $44.98, thinking this would be the perfect solution for my scenario.
I made the purchase through the Help Menu (I thought), and everything was fine on my Windows work PC.
At home (Mac) when I tried to use my license, which is when I realized the download license sent to me was labeled "Media Center 20 Windows"
Since I paid for the "Master License" at its advertised cost, is there any way to correct this without added cost?

Thanks,
Steve

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2015, 06:01:55 pm »

Steve,
You have mail.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2015, 02:17:00 pm »

Licenses were just sent to those who had an MC20 license for two or more operating systems, purchased with the same e-mail address.

Thanks.

dsnyder0cnn

• Recent member
« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2015, 04:40:45 pm »

I purchased a JRMC20 license for Mac on 8/11/204 and one for Windows on 9/14/2014.  However, I did not receive my master license on February 1st.  Did my premature purchase a master license upgrade on January 28th mess things up?

Steve Johnson

« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2015, 07:28:33 pm »

Steve,
You have mail.

Thanks Jim! All is working now...
Love it!

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2015, 12:12:00 am »

I'm sorry but I did not receive a master license. I can PM you the email address they were registered on if you need it.

Thanks!

mwfuss

« Reply #138 on: February 04, 2015, 07:11:38 am »

I have been following this thread with interest and just noticed from this post that the Master License was sent to those who have an MC20 license for two or more operating systems:

Licenses were just sent to those who had an MC20 license for two or more operating systems, purchased with the same e-mail address.

Thanks.

I have an MC20 license for Windows and an MC20 license for Linux and they both are registered with the same e-mail address, however, I did not receive the Master License mentioned in the above quoted post. Is there something additional that I need to do for this to happen?

JohnT

« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2015, 08:57:51 am »

I have an MC20 license for Windows and an MC20 license for Linux and they both are registered with the same e-mail address, however, I did not receive the Master License mentioned in the above quoted post. Is there something additional that I need to do for this to happen?
I'm sorry but I did not receive a master license. I can PM you the email address they were registered on if you need it.

Thanks!
Sorry, we forgot to include the Linux 19 purchasers in this.
You now have mail, thanks!

JohnT

« Reply #140 on: February 04, 2015, 10:07:33 am »

I purchased a JRMC20 license for Mac on 8/11/204 and one for Windows on 9/14/2014.  However, I did not receive my master license on February 1st.  Did my premature purchase a master license upgrade on January 28th mess things up?
You've got mail. Thanks.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2015, 03:48:24 am »

Thanks!

I received mine yesterday. Thanks guys!

mrlan

« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2015, 04:06:09 am »

The current JRiver 20 Windows-Verion Registration licenses and Linux-Version Registration License to use two of the same e-mail address.

License confirmation email as a registered was also OK.

But still I have not received a master license.
When I get?  ?

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2015, 06:33:37 pm »

I have registration codes for various versions of MC (Mac and Windows - all the way back to V11) but under two different email addresses. Who do I contact, and how, do I get them all consolidated under one email account and get the free master license code?

Thanks in advance

JohnT

« Reply #144 on: February 06, 2015, 07:42:16 am »

I have registration codes for various versions of MC (Mac and Windows - all the way back to V11) but under two different email addresses. Who do I contact, and how, do I get them all consolidated under one email account and get the free master license code?

Thanks in advance
Send me an email with the email you want to use and I'll fix you up.  johnt at jriver dot com

mrpro

• Recent member
« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2015, 02:27:41 pm »

Sorry, we forgot to include the Linux 19 purchasers in this.
You now have mail, thanks!
I too have MC 20 licenses for both Linux and Windows, but I did not get a Master key.
Is this because I originally purchased the first Linux beta and you upgraded me to v20 for free?

I certainly would have purchased the upgrade, but I was led to believe from the email you sent that I would be getting one for free.  "If you already own two MC20 licenses, and they are registered with the same e-mail address, you will receive a free Master License about February 1."

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2015, 03:17:03 pm »

mrpro,
It was mailed to the same address as your forum e-mail.  It went out on the 4th.  Check your spam folder.

dsnyder0cnn

• Recent member
« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2015, 09:01:00 am »

You've got mail. Thanks.

I'm all set.  Thanks!!

DvNT

« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2015, 09:15:07 pm »

I've not received the master license info yet.  I have the latest mac and windows versions.
If I could work out how to submit a ticket i would :)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2015, 10:35:15 pm »

I've not received the master license info yet.  I have the latest mac and windows versions.
If I could work out how to submit a ticket i would :)

You could write me with details.  I'm jimh at jriver.  But I don't find two MC20 licenses.  One is an MC19 license.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up