INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Iphone APP Help  (Read 2478 times)

Twcarter

• Recent member
Iphone APP Help
« on: January 23, 2015, 07:43:13 am »

I am just trying to find out if the iPhone can be made to match the views that are setup in MC or are they hardcoded in the APP. I have emailed JRemote.net several times asking this and have to receive a reply back. If anyone can answer this I really would appreciate it.

Thank you

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
Re: Iphone APP Help
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 01:17:24 pm »

I am just trying to find out if the iPhone can be made to match the views that are setup in MC or are they hardcoded in the APP. I have emailed JRemote.net several times asking this and have to receive a reply back. If anyone can answer this I really would appreciate it.

Thank you

The views you see in JRemote can be configured to be the same as the main application or customized to be unique to JRemote.

Twcarter

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 01:29:33 pm »

Thank you for the answer. So then there must be a different area that controls the setup for JRemote. I am sure I have been looking over it all along.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 01:51:41 pm »

It`s not too easy to find, but this is the location used by all web service clients like JRemote:

Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > Configure Views For Gizmo & WebGizmo

Twcarter

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 02:43:26 pm »

Thank you. More than likely I would not have drilled down that deep.

jayla

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 03:17:40 am »

It`s not too easy to find, but this is the location used by all web service clients like JRemote:

Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > Configure Views For Gizmo & WebGizmo

Is there also away to adjust the icons for the folders. Example: I create a new Main-Category and under this Category I placed two sub-categories. They are shown as default by a folder-icon. Am I able to configure the Icons for these folders?

Thx for some answer
Jayla

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 08:09:57 am »

Sorry, that is not possible at the moment. There is no way to tell what kind of content these folders contain either. Only the preconfigured audio, video and image folders can be identified by their id. That`s why those folders have a dedicated icon in JRemote.

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 04:34:51 am »

Does MC provide the cover art via MCWS as a resource in a similar way to the DLNA server? If so, the custom cover art might be possible if this request was implemented...

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=95268.0

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 07:56:27 am »

Yes, the image is provided by MC, so it is directly related to your request.
Can`t give you any info about the status of that request though. I`m sure there are technical reasons as to why it`s not been implemented.

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 08:08:03 am »

Yeah, but we'll keep prodding away! If there were technical reasons, it would be nice to have some info in five years as to why or why not, otherwise I can't see that it's any different from the currently hardcoded Artist/Series mechanism, except parameterised and made more generic to cover any tag at the user's request.
Pages: [1]   Go Up