INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PC freezes with WASAPI output to Dynaudio Xeo Transmitter (USB)  (Read 2146 times)

sema

• Recent member
PC freezes with WASAPI output to Dynaudio Xeo Transmitter (USB)
« on: January 25, 2015, 07:26:26 am »

Hi,

I have just got a new pair of Dynaudio Xeo 3s which I am feeding through the Xeo transmitter directly via USB. JRiver (latest 19.xx version) is the my music source. When I leave the JRiver output setting at Direct Sound, it works just fine. When I set it to WASAPI, though, it runs for a while but after some time (varies from seconds to hours) the PC freezes and I need to restart.

As WASAPI should give better sound quality, I'd prefer using it over using Direct Sound.

Are these crashes a known issue? Does someone know how to fix it? So far I have been using the WASAPI default settings.

I am running Windows 8.1 on an AMD C-60 notebook with 4GB of RAM. Pretty slow piece of hardware, but for audio applications normally works just fine.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Simon

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: PC freezes with WASAPI output to Dynaudio Xeo Transmitter (USB)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 07:37:50 am »

WASAPI has some settings.  Try toggling "Event Style".

Can you set up any kind of test without the Xeo transmitter?

sema

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 12:50:41 pm »

Toggling event style did not help, it froze again after a while.

What test without the Xeo transmitter would you like me to do? Test WASAPI output with another device, such as the built-in sound device of the laptop?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 01:11:49 pm »

What test without the Xeo transmitter would you like me to do? Test WASAPI output with another device, such as the built-in sound device of the laptop?
Yes.

sema

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 04:09:17 pm »

With WASAPI output to the built-in audio device, there was also a problem. We let the music run overnight and in the morning the computer had not frozen, but instead of music there was noise.

By the way, this last test was now with MC20 to which I upgraded in the meantime.

Any idea?

Endless River

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 08:37:43 am »

Hi. I'm running JRiver Media Centre 20.0.63 into a pair of Xeo 6 speakers using WASAPI (USB to Xeohub USB input). Everything works very well, although my media PC has more oomph than yours. Let me know if I can be of help.

sema

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 05:03:59 am »

Hi, many thanks for your response. I did a little more experimenting this weekend and tried out different buffer settings. Reducing the buffer setting of the Xeo transmitter to 50 ms in the WASAPI settings apparently did the trick - JRiver doesn't freeze anymore. Interestingly increasing the buffer sizes didn't work at all, that produced only distorted sound (250ms) or no sound at all (500ms).
Pages: [1]   Go Up