INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help a newbie – remote for MS Surface or Kindle?  (Read 970 times)

Mike Allen

Please help a newbie – remote for MS Surface or Kindle?
« on: January 29, 2015, 01:17:31 pm »

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here and I am a un-informed, rank amateur when it comes to using J River media system in the world of computer audio in general. I have  what I hope is a relatively simple question:

I have a Microsoft Surface tablet and Kindle (I think the Fire model – color screen) and I would like to know what app I could run on either of these devices to control J River media Center?

I use J River media Center exclusively for audio on my home stereo system. I run J River on a dedicated music server (C.A.P.S. 3 Carbon) that does not have  screen, keyboard, mouse or wireless capability. I need to plug one of my handheld devices into the server.

I'm not sure I'm asking the question correctly, but conceptually what I think I'm looking for is an app I can run on either of my handheld devices that I can use to control the server and play music through J River MC. I just got the server so I need to transfer in my music and perhaps do some of the set up on J River as described in the wiki, so in a perfect world Allow me to do both of those that would be great.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mike

krmasson

• World Citizen
Re: Please help a newbie – remote for MS Surface or Kindle?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 01:31:35 pm »

Do not know the answer for the Surface, but the question about the Kindle already has been posted here: it seems that the Kindle is more or less capable of running Android apps.

In the worst case, you can activate WebGizmo on JRiver, and access it through the Internet browser of your tablet. Not perfect, but quite usable.

CM
Pages: [1]   Go Up