INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote iPhone 6+ native resolution  (Read 1104 times)

Hilton

• Citizen of the Universe
JRemote iPhone 6+ native resolution
« on: January 30, 2015, 04:14:47 am »

Hi Robert,

I know you scaled the iPhone 6+ version to make use of it's higher resolution but I have a bit of feedback on the sizing of a few things.

The Player Controls are all just a little close together and I think there's a little more room to spread them and make them somewhere between 50% and 100% bigger.
I use JRemote in the car a lot in image list mode which is usually great but I wouldn't mind if it rendered about 20% to 50% larger to make it easier to read and use while in the car.

Maybe you could have a toggle option to render in native iPhone6+ hi-res or the original scaled version?  Before you upgraded from the original scaled version it was the perfect size for use in the car.

A small bug you may have seen already, you can get JRemote stuck in Landscape mode accidently after watching a video and it wont go back to portrait without shutting it down and restarting.

Cheers
Hilton

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRemote iPhone 6+ native resolution
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 04:38:06 am »

A simplified "now playing" view for use in a car is planned.
There is no easy way to allow an app to run in 2X resolution on a 3X device. I think that creating an upscaled version would be too much work at this time. You would need larger bitmaps, larger text and larger measurements all over. Quite a bit of work.

Regarding stuck in landscape mode, the next version will allow rotation in all directions on at least the 6+, so that should fix this issue.

Thank you for the feedback:)

Hilton

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 04:34:56 pm »

Thanks good to know! Will the landscape mode be similar to the iPad version?

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 02:58:46 am »

No, there`s no space for that really. Initially, it will be the same view as in portrait, but "now playing" will have the playlist always visible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up