INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver didn't import my library  (Read 1586 times)

jolyba

JRiver didn't import my library
« on: January 31, 2015, 12:34:42 pm »

let's try this again... I bought the 19 version to create jewel case labels for CDs. I imported 150000 plus songs, all in album form and eight hours later the media center library pane looked like my cat walked all over my keyboard. Surfing through the mess was horrid, no album continuity, songs listed four or five times and listed as albums I don't have. Today this comes up when I try to play a song: "The file could not be found. Check that the file name in the library matches the filename on disk". Is this what I spent my money on?

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver didn't import my library
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 01:27:37 pm »

You should have done some setup with JRiver before you got too far into it (maybe you did).
First you would go to Tools>Options>Library & Folders and configure the auto import to automatically tag whatever you import form that "specific" folder (such as folder "F:/Music") as Audio.

Then in Standard View >files view, you can make any corrections as needed (right click and rename or select item and use F2 to edit, or open Tag editor). The view below can be customized (you can right click on the header to add or remove columns, and drag columns to different positions).  There are a lot of tools available to make bulk corrections if needed. First we need to understand what the issies are.
Pages: [1]   Go Up