INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: album art not displaying? : possible answer.  (Read 950 times)

Marko

album art not displaying? : possible answer.
« on: October 09, 2003, 01:44:29 am »

Noticed a few comments lately re. coverart that is known to be there not being displayed. Could this be why?

hokay, I have all my album art stored in files. For the purposes of playing with sraymond's xslt stuff, I chose my David Gray albums, and "unsaved" the coverart.

It extracted the files just fine, saved all the jpgs just lovely. However, when I opened the xml, one of the covers was missing!!!

Fired up MC, selected the deviant album, and instead of the image, MC is displaying the path to it. I check in explorer, and sure, the file is there. So, why is it not displaying? It was fine before being saved to file, was fine inside the file. I pulled my albumart archive and extracted it (replace files). and here we find the answer.

The original file was a .bmp. MC has accepted it as coverart, even saved it as a filetag correctly, but, when it has extracted the file, it's given it a jpg extension, and is then unable to process the file. See image fox prove the point here....
screenie (85kb)
note the selected file, mc's failed preview and image fox's file details

I converted to jpg, refreshed the xml in the browser, and there was the offending coverart in all it's jpg glory.

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
Re: album art not displaying? : possible answer.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 03:42:53 am »

Unfortunately that's not my issue as all my artwork is definately .JPG and MC can display the images from the second track onwards in a tooltip just fine.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2003, 05:55:19 am »

Can you reproduce MC creating a JPEG it can't read?  If so, let us know and we'll chase it.

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Marko

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2003, 02:10:40 pm »

Can you reproduce MC creating a JPEG it can't read?  If so, let us know and we'll chase it.

Thanks!

Yup. It's actually creating a .bmp and naming it jpg. Steps to follow.....

Find a .bmp image, choose an mp3 and tell MC that said .bmp is the mp3's album art (save inside file)
the image is saved inside the file and is displayed correctly

Now, untick the save inside file option and update this mp3.
MC saves the image file as a jpg, and is subsequently unable to process it because it is actually a .bmp

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:album art not displaying? : possible answer.
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2003, 03:13:32 pm »

Ah, good find.

It'll be fixed next build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up