INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: channel logos and other stuff...  (Read 2123 times)

adlelare

• World Citizen
channel logos and other stuff...
« on: February 01, 2015, 12:50:29 pm »

having given up on MCTV due to failure of MC to flawlessly stop PVRing and causing huge files as a result, i tried it again recently and the serious failure to stop flaw seems to have been corrected.  i now go back to an earlier request for channel logo's to be associated with channels (this is SOP for WMC and XBMC and should be for MCTV), i would also like MCTV to integrate with IMDB as follows (this is a very good feature of XBMC) i can "watchlist" a movie or tv series on IMDB and it integrates then very well into XBMC (XBMC wathlist is also created) this then enables very easy subscription, recording, tracking, etc.).  IMO it is very easy to set up as it runs off a persons IMDB ur# and as long as it is public away we go.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: channel logos and other stuff...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 05:20:23 pm »

Channel logos? Join the queue :-)

As for IMDB integration - the difference between MC and XBMC is 2 two words - Opne Source. There are a couple of threads on here explaining that XBMC can integrate into the IMDB API a lot more comprehensively as it's open source, whereas MC, being proprietary, would need to pay a fee. Thats IIRC.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 05:26:44 pm »

You can add Logo's in a bit of a work around - have a look at the first part of this thread on how to make a TV Station Playlist that you can then add "Coverart" to.
JRiver CEO Elect

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 02:16:34 am »

You can add Logo's in a bit of a work around - have a look at the first part of this thread on how to make a TV Station Playlist that you can then add "Coverart" to.

?

First part of this thread where?

There's only 3 posts above this one. Where should I be looking?

Thanks. Interested to add some visual cues..  ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 02:25:54 am »

... i can "watchlist" a movie or tv series on IMDB ...

Don't know how other software does this but with MC you can subscribe to a show or movie and really open up the recording rules to be quite broad so that you can cover all channels, all showings, and a name that is quite brief.

I suspect that this might offer a workable compromise.

Have you had a chance to review the recording filtering options yet?
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 03:15:33 am »

?

First part of this thread where?

There's only 3 posts above this one. Where should I be looking?

Thanks. Interested to add some visual cues..  ;)

Woops - forgot to post the link to this thread - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=91845.0
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up