INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: D-link DCH-M225 wi-fi extender with DLNA, not rendering properly  (Read 4494 times)

Knick

• Recent member
D-link DCH-M225 wi-fi extender with DLNA, not rendering properly
« on: February 05, 2015, 06:21:20 pm »

Would anyone have experience or insight as to settings in MC20 that could give a D-link DCH-M225 more stability and reliability?  The M225 LED is green (connected to and extending house LAN) when this is all happening, and the HP laptop that is running MC20.063 is connected through the M225 to the LAN with excellent signal strength.  Fantastic sound when it is working right.  I am feeding it through a Bryston amp and many of the songs are 24 96.  Intermittent, but frequent problems are:

1) no sound whatsoever even though MC20 is playing.
2) Songs with short dropouts from time to time.
3) no sound whatsoever, but MC20 will play a song for 10 seconds, and then go to the next song in the playlist, play for 10 seconds, and then move to the next.  Repeat ad infinitum.

I can't rule out a defective M225 (Amazon), but am hoping it is something that can be addressed in MC settings, or is a result of my misconfiguration.  Appreciate any suggestions on what I should try.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: D-link DCH-M225 wi-fi extender with DLNA, not rendering properly
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 09:44:40 pm »

You could try another DLNA program to see if it might be an MC problem.

As you know, my DCH-M225 works very well. I have my DLNA server in MC set up with the following fields 'ON' in the Advanced section of Add/configure DLNA servers:

DLNA
DLNAExtra
Playstation3 Compatible
Preset Subtitle Resources
Skip Child Count
WMC Compatible

In the Audio section I have -

Mode: Original
Format: PCM L16 No header

These may or may not be the default settings, but they seem to work for me.

Knick

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 12:51:24 pm »

Made settings as you suggest.  Worked for a while, and then stopped working, and started the routine of playing songs for 10 seconds and then moving to next, and repeating.  I assume no sound is being processed when this happens, as the the spectrum equalizer isn't showing any activity once this pattern starts.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 01:40:01 pm »

Sounds like MC or the D-Link is choking on some of the files. Did you notice whether it's always the same files that are problematic? I assume they play fine in MC, so they might be in a format that the D-link is having trouble with.

ssands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 02:14:21 pm »

Are you able to move MC closer to the DLink?

I have seen where even though I *thought* I had good connectivity, there were intermittent dips and these impacted by playing hi-res files.

When I improved wireless connectivity, all streaming worked without a problem.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 02:49:50 pm »

Made settings as you suggest.  Worked for a while, and then stopped working, and started the routine of playing songs for 10 seconds and then moving to next, and repeating.  I assume no sound is being processed when this happens, as the the spectrum equalizer isn't showing any activity once this pattern starts.

Try disabling SetNextAVTransortURI support in MC

( PS Please dont multipost. You were in the right forum with your first post, and now you are not... )
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Knick

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 04:27:26 pm »

Sorry for incorrect posting.  second time I've ever had to post.
Is that under DLNA controller options>disable SetNext Support (for broken renderers)?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 04:17:39 am »

Yes.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Knick

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 08:15:32 pm »

Applied all settings as suggested.  Still minor problems, but found out that Norton Security on Media Server may have been key issue.  From D-link, found out that DCH-M225 needs UDP 1900 and TCP 2869 unblocked.  Changed Norton Smart Firewall to open those ports, which had been closed.  Rebooted everything, and now working almost as desired.  Did set DLNA extra, and all other previously suggested settings.  Started with PCM 16 but now set for PCM 24 without issue. Changed DLNA mode from "original" to "output as specified", works fine. Ticked Disable Setnext support setting.

Only issue now is long silences between tracks and slow response showing what the Dlink is doing on the HP laptop MC server.  Will play with settings to finish clean up.  Thanks to all who helped and put up with someone lacking experience and protocol knowledge for posting on these type of forums.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 08:56:47 pm »

Good to hear. I would be happy to read about further progress about the gaps between tracks etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up