INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote - Active zone(s) indicator  (Read 1698 times)

hlesser

• Recent member
JRemote - Active zone(s) indicator
« on: February 07, 2015, 12:06:24 pm »

Can JRemote (iPhone and/or iPad) display which zones are active -- perhaps a yellow highlight just like JRiver MC 20 does to indicate that a zone is active?

(I've configured multiple zones as an easy way of switching my DAC from PCM upsample to DSD upsample to Native Resolution mode, but if I use "pause" instead of "stop" the other zone won't work until the offending zone is stopped.  With several zones it'd be far easier if the active ones were highlighted)

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRemote - Active zone(s) indicator
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 03:25:13 am »

Could probably make a zone overview, showing what is playing in each zone with controls for volume and play/stop.

It would not be very efficient since you`d have to loop through each zone and fetch the information.
But as an additional zone overview it could be useful.

I`ll put it on my todo list for later.

hlesser

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 12:58:28 pm »

Since all my zones use same DAC and room, just in different modes (PCM native, PCM upsample, DSD upsample, native resolution) I'm just trying to be sure I pushed stop instead of pause when I switch zones. A simple indicator of which zone is active is all I'd need.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 08:22:33 am »

You can have JRemote automatically switch to the current active zone in MC.
In settings, check "App follows server zone changes".

Let me know if this solves the problem for you.

hlesser

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 09:22:44 am »

Just to clarify, I've set up several different zones (PCM native, PCM upsample, DSD upsample) all using the same DAC, a Chord QuteHD.  I want to be able to switch between the zones using the iPad JRiver remote without having to remember to STOP instead of PAUSE playback -- if you only pause, the next zone won't play.  At a minimum, a display that showed which zone was active would save a game of hide and seek to find the PAUSE'd zone.  (alternatively, if JRiver were smart enough to see that the output path were the same, then switching zones might automatically shut down the zone of departure in favor of the zone of destination).

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 10:53:57 am »

I think a zone overview would help in this situation, and could be a nice feature to have either way.
csimon, I guess I could make a stop button optional in settings on the iphone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up