INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC20 command line question  (Read 1121 times)

CubicZirconia

• Recent member
MC20 command line question
« on: February 07, 2015, 09:15:49 pm »

Hi all

I m trying to set up MC20 as an external player for XBMC to replace MPC-HC which I previously used.  :P

Unfortunately, MC20.exe does not take cascaded arguments so: mc20.exe /Start /Mode fullscreen /Play "%1" /Stop does not work. Simple enough, just set up a bat and do mc20.exe /Start mc20.exe /Mode fullscreen mc20.exe /Play "%1"

Unfortunately again, MC20.exe /Play <file> returns immediately without waiting for the playback to end so XBMC comes back to the top immediately.

So a question to the dev team, is there a way to make /Play wait for the playback to complete, then JRiver would be very easy to set up as an external play for many other applications.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC20 command line question
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 07:51:58 am »

On a command with spaces, you would need to quote the entire command.

CubicZirconia

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 12:37:53 pm »

Hi Jim, thanks for the respond, but could you elaborate a bit more?

I tried mc20.exe "/Play %1 /Mode Fullscreen", not working.

My current difficulty is not that playback does not start. 'mc20.exe /Play "%1"' works and starts the play back in JRiver.

However, this command returns immediately, so the caller application resumes, in case of XBMC and other caller environments, the caller window pops back up top and grabs the focus. Other players MPC-HC, VLC etc only returns when the video is finished or the user issues a stop (from keyboard or remote).

Is there something to the effect of mc20.exe /Wait, which waits for the current playing program to finish before return? much like waiting for a separate thread to rejoin. for a movie this means /Wait would hold on to the command pipe line for hour and half and prevents the return to the caller.

DoubtingThomas

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 05:57:38 pm »

+1

I would have so many uses for cascaded MC20.exe commands, saving me lots of batch files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up