INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV not appearing under 'Playing Now'  (Read 874 times)

w_axlrose1

• Junior Woodchuck
TV not appearing under 'Playing Now'
« on: February 08, 2015, 09:11:50 am »

Hi,

Was wondering if somebody can help me with an issue I frequently have. I'm running MC19 on a Windows 7 Professional PC which I have set up as a media server. For the most part everything is working perfectly but I frequently have an issue where neither my Bravia TV or my Yamaha CD-N500 show up under the Playing Now window meaning that I am unable to pick a file from the library and use the 'Send to' function from within JRiver to make it play on the external device. Both devices can access the media server itself without any issues if I use their respective menus to access content on the server and they will play through without a problem. I have had them appear under 'Playing Now' on occasions and when they do the 'Send to' function works like a charm but it seems to be hit and miss as to whether they will appear in the list in the first place. Both devices and the media server are part of a CAT6 network via a gigabit switch so no wireless issues here. I've tried disabling the firewall but this hasn't helped.

Has anybody else experienced this niggling issue and have an idea how to fix it so that it works 100% of the time?

Many thanks.  ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up