INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple artists checkbox not working on rename/move library  (Read 1459 times)

garylynch

• Recent member
Multiple artists checkbox not working on rename/move library
« on: February 08, 2015, 01:47:13 pm »

Hi - I am trying to change a multiple artists back to a single folder (with Multiple Artists as the album artist) by taking the 18 files (which for some reason were ripped as individual tracks, despite being a multiple artist album) and renaming them, unchecking then re-checking the "multiple artists" box on the options....no joy....no matter what I do, it leaves them with the same naming convention and doesn't update with Multiple Artists.....is the feature not working??  Thanks!

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multiple artists checkbox not working on rename/move library
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 02:48:57 pm »

Are you using [Album Artist (auto)] in your rule?

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 03:12:23 pm »

Don't know if it's related but I am trying to clean up some compilation albums.
Some of the files had a value for album artist.
In the past if I cleared the album artist value for all files in the album, album artist(auto) would get set to multiple artist.
That is not happening.

garylynch

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 10:18:01 am »

In my settings I have ticked the "Use (Multiple Artists) for (Artist) on multi-artist albums" box....but it doesn't seem to change anything (either checking it or unchecking it)...

On ripping a few Now albums, some do rip as (Multiple Artists) in the auto field, others rip with individual artists listed - can't seem to find the pattern or create it consistently!  Please help!!

William-NM

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 07:27:48 pm »

I've also noticed this - haven't been able to pinpoint the cause, but here's my 'kludge' workaround:

Just type "(Multiple Artists)\[Album]"    (without the quotes)
in the Directories 'rule' box.

When you want to switch back, just click the little magnifying glass icon to the immediate left of the rule & click 'recent'. You should see your original "[Artist]\[Album]"   rule as well as the "(Multiple Artists)\[Album]"  one, making it easy to switch back & forth.

Not elegant, but it works  :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up