INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rewriting flac tags  (Read 2122 times)

ted_b

• World Citizen
rewriting flac tags
« on: February 08, 2015, 08:10:55 pm »

I recently added a new music server to my collection, Minimserver.  it is slightly more anal about tags and when loading produces a log file with literally thousands of warnings (which are mostly innocuous but nonetheless real) about FLAC tags having illegal 0x00 nulls in them.

Simon, the Minimserver developer, pointed me to a JRiver issue in early MC 18 where nulls where being added to the end of tags.  This was fixed in 18.0.153.  So....I guess my warnings are all from music that was tagged prior to that version. 

Question: if I were to do "update tags from library" right now would it rewrite these tags with proper tagging (i.e no nulls from pre-18.01.53) or do I need to do something else to truly rewrite these tags?  It ain't a small thing; probably 40,000 tracks of my library are eligible.  However, it's also not a stay awake thing as this is just precautionary.  The tags in some of these files that throw up warnings look fine to the naked eye.  But I'd love to clean them up, regardless.  Thanks.

coolgui71

Re: rewriting flac tags
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 03:41:30 pm »

I recently added a new music server to my collection, Minimserver.  it is slightly more anal about tags and when loading produces a log file with literally thousands of warnings (which are mostly innocuous but nonetheless real) about FLAC tags having illegal 0x00 nulls in them.

Simon, the Minimserver developer, pointed me to a JRiver issue in early MC 18 where nulls where being added to the end of tags.  This was fixed in 18.0.153.  So....I guess my warnings are all from music that was tagged prior to that version. 

Question: if I were to do "update tags from library" right now would it rewrite these tags with proper tagging (i.e no nulls from pre-18.01.53) or do I need to do something else to truly rewrite these tags?  It ain't a small thing; probably 40,000 tracks of my library are eligible.  However, it's also not a stay awake thing as this is just precautionary.  The tags in some of these files that throw up warnings look fine to the naked eye.  But I'd love to clean them up, regardless.  Thanks.

i will love to have an answer to this problem, It is making me completely crazy I have MC 21
Pages: [1]   Go Up