INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can i record streaming audio w/MC17?  (Read 7712 times)

Metalman

• Recent member
Can i record streaming audio w/MC17?
« on: February 12, 2015, 03:35:10 pm »

Hello all,

I recently got a subscription to SiriusXm internet radio, and i have MC configured for the Sirius stream and it works very well and sounds great.  But, I wish to record the stream to my HDD.  Is there a way to do this with my older MC17?  I have research the forums, but cannot find anything definitive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Metalman

• Recent member
Re: Can i record streaming audio w/MC17?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 10:30:35 am »

An update , i can record using either the URL or scheduler and it appears to record, and a file show up in my music folder, but no matter how long i record the stream i only get a 4kb file, which will not play in MC, and if i use WMP i get an error message saying it encountered a problem while playing the file.  When choosing MC to play the file all that happens is a quick blink and nothing. No error message or nothing, and i am not sure what the issue is.

So it plays the Sirius stream fine and records, but the file must be incomplete or corrupt in some way.  There is software out there to record Sirius streams so i know it should not be copyrighted or blocked.

Any suggestions anyone?

Metalman

• Recent member
Re: Can i record streaming audio w/MC17?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 01:57:42 pm »

Well, I tried for almost a week, and never could get any thing to record.  Always blank or empty file.

Unfortunately i had to install Audacity which works good.

I really wish i had some help from the forum,  but ...

Please close the thread.

thx
Pages: [1]   Go Up