INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: defaults for DVDs  (Read 1212 times)

rhkrhk

• World Citizen
defaults for DVDs
« on: February 13, 2015, 07:08:56 pm »

I want to use windows media center (WMC)  for videos, and not JRiver MC20   (windows 7 64 bit, MC 20.0.66).
I tried setting WMC to be default program for everything it can handle, then manually set mp3, flac and wav to open with MC20.

Didnt work: I want to keep my music and video libraries separate,but MC20 is taking over.

How do I accomplish my goal?  And how do I clean my library and remove all of the video stuff?

thanks
rhk

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: defaults for DVDs
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 07:30:28 pm »

You can delete the video in MC if you want (read carefully and go slowly if you do).

But you can also disable video in MC (Tools > Options > General > Features).

Check your settings under File Types.

rhkrhk

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 08:45:03 pm »

I tried setting tools/options/general/features to turn video off, but the DVD still tries to open MC20- which then tells me it can't open the DVD.

Just what programs in windows/control panel/default programs/set associations do I have to change from JRiver to Windows media center?
Or do I have to uninstall MC20, set windows media center as the default, then can I reinstall MC20 with only the few defaults (mp3, wav, flac) that I want?

thanks
rhk

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 05:53:57 am »

Have you checked in Windows>Control Panel>AutoPlay. What is set there under DVD ("use WMC")?

Also in JRiver, check under Tools>Options>CD, DVD & BD. There is an autoplay setting there too.
Lastly, in Tools>options>File Types>Other check the settings for DVD (uncheck "File Association).

I don't know if any of these suggestions will help, but that's were I would start.
BTW - why would you want to play back your DVDs with WMC when JRiver is so superior in playback quality (it uses "LAV and madVR" in RO-HQ mode. Unless your system it too weak for RO-HQ, then in RO-STD mode it uses the same playback as WMC).
Pages: [1]   Go Up