INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote scrolling on iPad is jittery and choppy  (Read 1564 times)

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
JRemote scrolling on iPad is jittery and choppy
« on: February 18, 2015, 07:57:45 am »

When I first started using JRemote on my iPad 5, scrolling though albums or artists was beautifully smooth. I had to stop using it for a few months late last year and when I came back to it in January, I found that scrolling had become disappointingly jittery and choppy - maybe as a result of an update, either to the iPad or JRemote. Does anyone know why this would be, or if there's a fix? I'm using the latest iOS version and the latest JRemote version. I haven't noticed it in any other iPad apps although I rarely use the iPad for much else.

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
Re: JRemote scrolling on iPad is jittery and choppy
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 04:44:39 pm »

Don't want to hijack this, but I can not scroll through tv shows on my iPad Air 2 with JRemote at all.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 03:37:30 am »

What iPad version are you using?
I suspect that it could be the blurred transparency effect. Should probably make that optional.

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 03:43:07 am »

Thank you for responding. It says 8.1.3 (12B466).

It's odd because the scrolling is perfectly smooth on my iPhone 5 which is running exactly the same software version  - 8.1.3 (12B466).

Can anyone else say whether JRemote scrolling on their iPad is jittery or smooth? I'm talking about scrolling through full screens of album thumbnails - for example, when scrolling through Artists or Albums. It's been like this now since late last year so it's continued through at least one software update.

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 12:01:04 pm »

I haven't noticed it in the thumbnail screens. I have noticed it in the detailed 'info' pane on the iPad. Once I scroll down in the info pane, I'm unable to scroll back up to the top of the info pane. Related? Not? :)

Thanks!
brad

SavantGarde

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 01:34:43 pm »

I haven't noticed it in the thumbnail screens. I have noticed it in the detailed 'info' pane on the iPad. Once I scroll down in the info pane, I'm unable to scroll back up to the top of the info pane. Related? Not? :)

Thanks!
brad
I think I have the same problem. Sometimes when I try to scroll to the top of the metadata pane, the same info scrolls past over and over without ever getting to the top. If I swipe up and then down again, without lifting the finger, scrolling starts working again.

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 06:02:00 am »

Thanks!
brad

I don't think this is related. I don't have that problem at all and in fact there's no jitter or choppiness for me when scrolling through the info panel. This is all about jittering and choppiness when scrolling through the main screens full of album thumbnails. I did wonder if it was caused by a weak wi-fi signal but it's exactly the same even when the iPad is right next to my router.
Pages: [1]   Go Up