INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JREMOTE screen layout / fonts suggestion  (Read 960 times)

R32NJ

• Junior Woodchuck
JREMOTE screen layout / fonts suggestion
« on: February 19, 2015, 08:19:27 am »

I am running JREMOTE on both an iPhone 6+ and an iPad.  While the application is very well designed to take advantage of the different iOS device screen sizes there are some minor things I see now and then between them that I think could be improved.

The left column area for the media section titles on the the iPad is very narrow.  Some of my section titles didn't fit until I chopped down their descriptions.  The iPhone has more space made available for these titles to fit.  Word wrapping capability on the iPad would also help improve this.

In this same area on the iPhone the text is in ALL CAPS while on the iPad the titles have Mixed Case.  I think the all CAPS is easier to read but either way I would think they could be the same.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JREMOTE screen layout / fonts suggestion
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 08:16:23 am »

Thank you for the suggestions.

The left column could probably be a bit wider, but as you say, it can also be made better by wrapping across more lines with dynamic height.
I can add that as a start.

The all caps thing is a preference thing really, some people don`t like it at all. I think the only reason it`s all caps on the iPhone is because I thought it looked better there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up