INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Order of Files/Tracks on MP3 Disks (particularly when they span multiple disks)  (Read 1101 times)

lendall

• Recent member
  • Pour notre Malheur, le monde est réel

I select a group of files to burn to MP3 disks, why I know how to do by choosing data disk and specifying the various conversions options (since most of my files are FLACs) and, if I want them, DSP options.  What I do not know how to do is to order the tracks on an MP3 disks.  Is this always random, or can MP3 disks have track numbers and orders like CDs.  (Please excuse my ignorance here if this is an obvious question to everyone but me). Most of my files are from sources other than CDs so they do not have "Track numbers" carried over from those sources.  I tried assigning track numbers to the files/tracks in the order I wanted them to appear on the MP3 disks (data CDs), choosing files to span two CDs, but there is a random mix of tracks between the two spanned CDs: tracks #2 and #72 are both on the second CD, etc.  This is really a pain for multi-movement classical pieces, for example.

What am I doing wrong?  Is there a way to specify the order in which tracks will burn on MP3 CDs?

(I am still on 19.19.0.163 -- Simply no time at this point to install new version, which always entails certain complications.)
Intel D975XBX2
Intel Quad Core 2 Extreme 06800 2.93Ghz
MAudio Audiophile Sound Card
XP, SP3
Preamplifier:  6SN7, all stages regulated, stepped attenuator; D.T.N. Williamson Amplifier, 12SN7, 6SN7, 807W (push-pull), Acrosound transformers  initial gain stage with regulated filaments; Speakers Cary Audio (3 way); System B:  Bottlehead Paramour amps with iron upgrade, nos RCA 2A3s; Bottlehead "Sex" speakers (Fostex FE 166E's, two Dayton Audio powered 10" subwoofers).
Pages: [1]   Go Up