INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi res files not converting  (Read 3055 times)

DrAudio06

Hi res files not converting
« on: February 21, 2015, 01:10:49 pm »

Hey everyone -

JRiver noob here despite having owned it for several years.  Never used networking features up until a couple days ago - total network bumbler too so if more info is needed, please let me know how to get it.  Currently using J River build 17.0.189.

Here are the issues I'm experiencing:
1. Hi Res FLAC files >96,24 do not seem to be converting which means I'm not able to listen to all my music.  Every time I try and output these files, the denon pops up a "file format error" even though I've set the JRiver DAC settings to convert to 96kHz.
2. Theater view crashes Gizmo on my (admittedly crappy) LG G Pad 7.0.
3. Overall stability of the program seems poorer than previous computers I've run it from.  I wonder if the computer specs are causing the issues?

JRiver computer is a 2.30 GHz AMD Phenom on gigabyte am2+ HT3.0 mainboard with onboard networking running 4 gigs ram and win 7 pro.  The computer is hardwired to a Denon AVR 4311CI which won't decode FLAC above 96kHz or WAV above 48kHz.

I have JR set at media server, using the Denon DLNA server set to an uncompressed 24bit output, and converting >96kHz to 96.

If this is a common issue, I've not been able to find it.  Also, if this is just a build 17 bug, I can upgrade to the newest version.  It's on the to do list, but wanted to postpone a little while I get my library up to speed.

Thanks for any assistance.
-D
Pages: [1]   Go Up