INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Metadata play feature works on IPod Touch but not on IPad Mini  (Read 2828 times)

bluenose1

• Junior Woodchuck
Metadata play feature works on IPod Touch but not on IPad Mini
« on: February 22, 2015, 09:35:48 am »

I have JRemote release 3.10 on both the above devices each running IOS 8.1.3. On the IPOD Touch if I have an audio playlist going and open the metadata column and then touch Genre, Artist, Composer, etc. a list or lists come up which I can then select a track which gives me the option to play that selection or all tracks either now or next, etc. This is a terrific feature but on my IPAD Mini it doesn't seem to work. I don't know if my IPAD Mini has settings wrong or if others have noticed the same thing. I'm hoping this is a known issue and that it will be corrected in the next release. My question is, when will the next release be coming and will it include this fix for the IPAD Mini?
 Thanks.  

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Metadata play feature works on IPod Touch but not on IPad Mini
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 08:21:32 am »

When you say it isn`t working, can you be more specific? What happens when you touch a tag?
There is no known problem with this as far as I`m aware.

bluenose1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 03:16:32 pm »

Thanks for responding. When using my IPad Mini, when I'm playing a music track and I call up the Metadata column (by touching the i in the top right corner) and then, as an example, I touch "composer", a list of all my tracks by that composer opens. If I then touch a track to play, ALL the tracks listed will start playing. But on my IPod Touch, when I touch a track on that composer list, a box opens which gives me an option to play that single track now or to add it to the existing playlist, etc. I wondering the why IPad Mini doesn't give me the same play options that the IPod Touch does.

As far as I can tell, my settings on both devices are the same.

Hope this is clear and that you can shed some light.  Thanks.

bluenose1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 12:35:40 pm »

Note to Lespaul.   I haven't heard anything further on my query, so I'm wondering if whether or not you were able to confirm the tag behaviour on IPad Mini that I described.  if my description needs more clarity please let me know.
Thanks

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 01:44:12 pm »

Not sure if I understand bluenose,

The default tap behaviour can be specified by pressing the icon in the top left corner.
You can also press-hold a track to see the different play options.

Btw, I have testet on an ipad mini just to make sure nothing is wrong.

bluenose1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 04:09:35 pm »

Thanks. I can change the default tap behaviour when going through audio tracks in the various Audio lists , ie Artist, Album, Genre, etc. and I can get the different play options by press-hold. This works as I understand it should.

However, when playing a playlist, and I open "metadata" and touch a tag, and a list of tracks comes up, I can touch a track and the default tap behaviour will result. But pressing and holding a track in this case does NOT give me the different play options. The play options list should appear wherever a track is pressed and held and it does on my IPod Touch. But it does NOT appear on my IPad Mini in this particular situation. That's what is mystifying me. I even deleted and reloaded Ver 3.10 of JRemote to no avail. Could my IPad Mini be faulty somehow? I'm grasping at straws here. Any thoughts?

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 05:03:09 pm »

Are you using iOS7?
That could be an issue if I remember correctly. I can`t verify it because it works on the latest code.

bluenose1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 07:27:17 pm »

I'm using IOS 8.1.3 on both the IPad  Mini and the IPod Touch. Both have Ver. 3.10 of JRemote.  I've verified that each device is set the same in the JRemote settings.
If pressing and holding on a track will display the Play Options box in the Metadata column in your IPad Mini with IOS 8.1.3 but not on mine, is bizarre.
Of course, I can use the IPod Touch to get the full functions but I much prefer the IPad because of it's larger display. I was hoping a software difference might account for my device difference but that doesn't seem to be the case. My only hope is that when I install your next release it might jolt my IPad out of its stupor:-)
I hope it comes out soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up