INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Category [Name] field for Theater View -- can we get one?  (Read 1594 times)

Denti

• Citizen of the Universe
Category [Name] field for Theater View -- can we get one?
« on: December 29, 2015, 01:16:05 pm »

The field [Name] functions differently in the thumbnail display expression of Standard View / Categories, where it outputs not the field [Name], but the category generated by the category expression (not sure how else to describe this).

Anyway, it's a cool thing to have, and I really really wish it were available in Theater View.

Why? Because it would allow me to solve my now years-long attempt to sort and group my music by artists' last names, but to display them by first name, while still making use of the ; delimiter.  [Name] in the thumbnail display of Standard View plus the expression Unswap() is the only way I've been able to successfully do this.

Denti

Re: Category [Name] field for Theater View -- can we get one?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 11:06:38 am »

No interest?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Category [Name] field for Theater View -- can we get one?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 11:12:07 am »

I'm interested in this, for the reasons we discussed in your previous thread. I think the behavior of this "special field" should be normalized and made available generally, and not just limited to Categories-style Standard Views.

As discussed in the previous old thread (I'm too lazy to look up but the one with the reversed artist lists that brought all this up), I do think it would need to be "renamed" to [Category] (or something like that).

But, generally, +1 from me.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up