INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help setting up 5.1 audio  (Read 907 times)

Sosha

• Recent member
Help setting up 5.1 audio
« on: February 26, 2015, 12:17:57 pm »

I am learning a lot as I go along, so excuse me if I am not up to speed on everything yet...

I got a new set of speakers and am setting up 5.1 for the first time with MC.  I have MC set to WASAPI, "Open Device for Exclusive Access" for the device, and have the channels under "Output Format" set to 5.1 and everything else set on recommended settings.   The problem, no matter what I play I am only getting sound from front L/R & center.  There is no sound coming from the rear L/R

Also, I have the playback under my sound on my computer set to speakers as the default, not JR Rivers. (I actually disabled that, do I even need it?)   And yes, the first thing I did was test the speakers in sound configuration on my computer and they are all working fine.   

Any help would be appreciated...thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Help setting up 5.1 audio
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 01:04:03 pm »

That's strange.

What if you download a multi-channel test to see that your back speakers are working?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Sosha

• Recent member
Re: Help setting up 5.1 audio
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 12:53:33 am »

I did do a test on all the speakers through the configure option in windows sound and they are all working fine when I tested them.

Also they work in playback when I put the Output Method on Direct Sound, Default Device Settings and the channel on 5.1 everything works....its just when I use WASAPI the rear speakers don't work.   Shouldn't I be able to use WASAPI, isnt that the better choice for better sound quality, or does it matter?
Pages: [1]   Go Up