INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: playlist import does not work  (Read 2564 times)

patented_licks

• Junior Woodchuck
playlist import does not work
« on: March 03, 2015, 09:02:05 pm »

Playlist import does not work in MC 20.0.63.

I have a MC 20 playlist, with a listing of tracks, that can be imported, but has no track listing once import. That means that playlist import does not work.

coolfriend693

• Recent member
Re: playlist import does not work
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 12:06:40 am »

faced a similar issue.... had to create the playlists again

helpme

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 12:42:50 am »

Perhaps it is still not working?

Or perhaps it is a specific issue I am having.

Exported a number of playlists as csv files.

Edited the file path to take account of the new drive mappings on my server.

Importing the playlist, firstly MC20 did not recognize .csv as a playlist file. Importing .csv or changing to .txt just imported the file and did not create a playlist.

Any suggestions ?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 05:08:08 am »

try restoring a backup
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 09:06:03 am »

Exported a number of playlists as csv files.

Edited the file path to take account of the new drive mappings on my server.

Importing the playlist, firstly MC20 did not recognize .csv as a playlist file. Importing .csv or changing to .txt just imported the file and did not create a playlist.

Any suggestions ?

I definitely have a suggestion.  :)  Use the Rename, Move, and Copy tool.  It was designed for this task!

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Rename,_Move,_and_Copy_Files

Depending on exactly how you have remapped your drive(s) or renamed your files, you might need to fill out different portions of the tool.  It's really designed to do 3 or more different jobs, all in one big interface.  So it can be a little bit confusing at first.  For simple drive remapping, where just the drive letter, or the drive letter and then a base directory changes, the "Find & Replace" portion at the bottom of the tool is the way to go.

Give the tool a try with one or two or three files as a test.  Notice that the right hand pane is a Preview of what it's going to do.  Make sure the preview shows the correct path.  If it's not right, change the Find or Replace (or both) until it's right.

OH!  VERY IMPORTANT!  At the very top of the tool is a pull down box for what the tool is going to do.  It can Rename, Move, Copy *and* it can just update JRiver to point to a new location.  If your files have already been moved externally, and you just want to tell JRiver where you have moved them to, then you want to use the "Update Database" option up top.

Give it a try on a few files.  If you have trouble, let us know and I'm sure we can help you out.   Let us know how you do. 

Good luck.

Brian.

helpme

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 01:22:57 pm »

Brian

Thanks for the suggestion. I agree that the rename, move copy tool is a powerful and useful tool.

However in this instance the problem is that I don't now have the playlists in MC, only the playlist files previously exported. I am trying to avoid having to manually create the playlists again.

Stephen

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 04:14:03 pm »

Hmm, I'm not sure about playlists being imported as CSV files.  I just tried it and it doesn't work, as you said.  It imports as  "document" type file, which isn't what you want.

Do you have access to the library that held these playlists originally?  If so, you can do an Export All Playlists, or do them one at a time to export as M3U or MPL and that should work to be importable.

Otherwise, I'm not sure how to get MC to import a CSV file unless you do a little programming to convert it, or find a utility to do so.  Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up