INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote loses server connection when switching from Wifi to cellular data  (Read 1236 times)

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen

First of all - JRemote is so, so, so good, and the primary way my family enjoys music.  Many thanks for making an amazing app!

One point of frustration gets us almost daily though - we're in Canada and it's cold here.  We like to start a playlist while in the warmth of our home, then bundle up and head out into the unheated world. 

When we distance ourselves from our wifi connection our phones switch to cellular data, and JRemote finished the currently-playing song and then gets a streaming error.  It's easy to fix (reconnect to server, find what you were playing before, press play) but it sure would be great if the app could detect the change and reconnect to the server in the background.

Sometimes we will turn off our wifi and load up the playlist on cell data, but so often we later forget to turn wifi back on...

Thoughts?

TCube

Unlimited data plan I presume ?   ;) 

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen

haha nope but we have 2GB each and going over only costs $10/mo so we generally don't worry about it...

The often-requested caching of songs would probably work for us too most times.  :D

TCube

Oh well, I wouldn't like at all not being in control.
Sometimes if you got cut from your ISP for some reason or another your data is blown away without knowing.
Streaming a movie in full HD is > 1 Go and Flac files on a playlist easily goes over 200 Mo.

Anyway switch should come with a warning : "this function may consume data traffic" ..is it possible ?

You are speaking with someone who choose Here Drive+/Here Maps/Here Transit  'cause it doesn't charge any Mo in using it any where in Europe  :D
Tc
Pages: [1]   Go Up