INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subset of TV series  (Read 1281 times)

nihilobstat

• Recent member
Subset of TV series
« on: March 05, 2015, 10:39:29 pm »

Hi

I'm running MC 20.0.63 on a Windows 7 Ultimate box.

I always run MC in Theatre View (except when organising)  because a) good girlfriend acceptance and b) I don't have to use a mouse and keyboard.

I have over 300 TV series on disc, all nicely catalogued in MC. Trouble is, at any one time, there are only five or ten series that I want to watch.

Is there any way to make a 'playlist' or 'subset' of those series, so I don't have to wade through all 300 to find what I want. If I add those shows to a playlist in MC, that playlist will then show each episode file, without the series name and not necessarily in chronological order. Same if I look at the 'recently added' list.

What I really want is for MC to show me the 'Series' icon in Theatre view, which I then click to go to seasons, and again to go to episodes. Just like the normal TV series view scheme, but only showing those series I am currently interested in.

Does anyone know a way of doing this? Left-field ideas welcome.

nihilObstat

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Subset of TV series
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 12:51:11 am »

You should be able to create a view using expressions in Tools > Options > Theater View so that it shows Series = x and y and z, Season = 1 and 2 and 3. Providing you've tagged them correctly, of course.

I'll post pics when I get a chance, but that should put you in the right direction :-)

nihilobstat

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 03:55:40 am »

Thanks imugli, that sounds promising.
I might need a bit of hand-holding with expressions, but I'm certainly willing to try.
All the shows are tagged accurately, so that shouldn't be a problem.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 05:18:50 am »

Ok so here goes...

This will create a custom item. You'll still have the stock items as well.

Go to Tools > Options > Theater View
Add > Library Item. Rename it as you will.

Then click "Set rules for display"

Under Rules (where [] indicate the drop down lists)
[Series] [is] (Select Applicable Options)
Add New Rule (as many as needed)
[Season] [is] (Select Applicable Options)

Repeat as needed for all tags necessary, then click OK.

Nest the new item under the section you want (e.g under Shows), this will then show a box with an "Add" button on the right side of the dialog box.

This is where you set the sorting.

In your case, I'd suggest Series, then add a second item for season if you'd like.

Hope that helps :-) Sorry I don't have pics, my remote keyboard doesn't have a PrtScn button :-/

Welcome aboard, by the way :D

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 07:02:45 am »

I think you could also use the "ratings" tag, and then set the rating for your favorite Series to 5 stars (or whatever you like) and add to the "rules  for file display" a rule to only display those Series with a rating of "x" stars or greater.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 10:44:21 am »

I think you could also use the "ratings" tag, and then set the rating for your favorite Series to 5 stars (or whatever you like) and add to the "rules  for file display" a rule to only display those Series with a rating of "x" stars or greater.

This is a good idea, and with the new 10 star field you could create a nice visual for all the series.

nihilobstat

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 07:08:27 pm »

imugli,

thanks, that worked brilliantly

it seems to work without adding seasons as a field

haven't tried using ratings yet CountryBumkin, I'll get back to you

nihilObstat
Pages: [1]   Go Up