INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mkv rip of John Wick not playing(edit: and hunger games mocking jay part 1)  (Read 7093 times)

maintainin

• Recent member

Hi all

I recently ripped an mkv of John Wick and tried to play it back in MC19 but it's not acting right. The movie will not play on its own. I can forward thru the screens using the forward button but the movie will not progress on its own. Any ideas why? It plays back fine in powerdvd ultra 14.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Mkv rip of John Wick not playing
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 06:41:28 pm »

Are you working with the latest build?

I don't recall having any hassles with MC19 and mkv.

After that, try ripping with MC again. If the disc is protected, MakeMKV is very capable and has been in perpetual free beta for years.

All the best..  ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

maintainin

• Recent member
Re: Mkv rip of John Wick not playing
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 06:56:58 pm »

First time I've had a problem with an mkv and MC19 not playing. I did use makemkv(I do with most disks) to rip. This is one of those lionsgate releases where they are starting to get cuter and put like 500 playlists that show up in makemkv and you have to pick the right one or the movie plays out of order and stuff like that. I'm pretty sure I ripped the right playlist. And like I said it also plays fine in powerdvd.

I am on the latest version of MC19. .163

maintainin

• Recent member

Add Hunger Games mocking jay part 1 as well. Just ripped earlier with the same effect. Movie will not play but allow you to forward thru manually. Again, another liongate release that you have to pick the right playlist to rip in order for it to play in order. Is there something else going on with these liongate releases? Mocking jay also plays fine in powerdvd. These are the only two movies I've had this problem with. Last two movies I ripped before these were Fury and Nightcrawler and had no issues with playback in MC19.

maintainin

• Recent member

I figured out the issue. For some reason it doesn't like the truehd 7.1 tracks in these movies. It won't play with the truehd track selected. But as soon as I switch over to AC3 5.1 the movies play fine. I don't recall ever having issues before ripping and playing movies with truehd. I am bitstreaming audio. Any ideas?

Edit: these are also using the new atmos. Could that be why?

lynes88

• Recent member

I had other movies issues similar to what you describe...and atmos seemed to be the issue with MC 19.  I fixed mine by updating LAV filters to the latest version.  MC20 already has these so upgrading should work as well but I wanted to update the filters first to verify.  And in my case it worked.

Do a search on a recent thread with LAV filters and Transformers... I think you will find the details.  Worth a try.

maintainin

• Recent member

Awesome. Will give that a shot. Thanks!

maintainin

• Recent member

Upgrading to MC20 did fix the issues. Atmos tracks now convert to truehd and video now plays with truehd selected as audio. Thanks for the info!
Pages: [1]   Go Up