INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how can i control JRiver from my ipad using my PC  (Read 6584 times)

hmaninvan

how can i control JRiver from my ipad using my PC
« on: March 10, 2015, 03:27:38 pm »

Hello,

I am trying JRiver media. I have it set up on my PC. I would like to run it from an ipad or android. how do I do this?

ty

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: how can i control JRiver from my ipad using my PC
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 03:37:29 pm »

There are a number of apps out there.  The current official ones are JRemote (iPad) and Gizmo (Android).  There are other third party apps as well.

hmaninvan

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 03:43:35 pm »

thanks for the reply,

will the JRiver remote work on my ipad if im using windows? and gizmo will interface with my Samsung ?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 04:04:33 pm »

JRemote works awesome, it is currently iOS only but that is changing I believe.  It works fine with windows based MC

Gizmo works on android, I don't use it so I can't comment much other than that.  Gizmo also works as a web controller from one PC to another

Al ex

Re:
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 05:03:24 pm »

JRemote on Android should be available very soon. Check out www.jremote.com

hmaninvan

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 01:09:10 pm »

thanks for all of the help.

I am new to configuring a NAS on my network and need a Player (JRiver) to play my 24x196 files. I am P.C. based but have an ipad. Two questions, How would I load Gizmo on my Samsung android? this will allow me to use my ph as my remote on Jrivwr? can I load the jriver on my ipad and run the ipad to the NAS?

confused,

ty

paul.raulerson

• World Citizen
  • Let's get dangerous!
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 11:58:05 pm »

thanks for all of the help.

I am new to configuring a NAS on my network and need a Player (JRiver) to play my 24x196 files. I am P.C. based but have an ipad. Two questions, How would I load Gizmo on my Samsung android? this will allow me to use my ph as my remote on Jrivwr? can I load the jriver on my ipad and run the ipad to the NAS?

confused,

ty

Not complex really.

• Load JRiver MC on your Windows Machine.
  • Mount the NAS drive on your Windows Machine. You can mount it several ways, but mapping it to a drive letter will work well.
  • Use the Auto Import feature in JRiver to have it scan the mounted NAS Drive, you can use the drive letter you choose above.
  • Configure playback on your machine as normal, to whatever DAC or system you wish.
  • In JR Media Center, select Options and Media Network, and turn on the media network. You will get an alert box and see a field called "access key."  Copy down this value.
  • Load MC on your iPad
  • In JRemote, Select Add New Server and enter the access key

At this point, you have full control of the playback on your Windows machine, using the files from the NAS. It should play to whatever device you setup JRiver Media Center to play to.  Also, you will have the ability to playback any music on your JRiver Media Center install through the iPad, using JRemote. Works great.

I simplified the steps above a bit, and if you need more details, let us know.  This is much much easier than it looks like. :)

-Paul

hmaninvan

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 05:49:08 pm »

thanks so much Paul!

Just to clarfy, I can use jriver on my ipad and control it? so, download on PC and ipad?

I'm also thinking of just using an external drive off of my laptop for now?

paul.raulerson

• World Citizen
  • Let's get dangerous!
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 10:29:42 am »

thanks so much Paul!

Just to clarfy, I can use jriver on my ipad and control it? so, download on PC and ipad?

I'm also thinking of just using an external drive off of my laptop for now?

If I am following you, then the answer is yes to both.  JRemote has no trouble controlling JR Media Center running on Windows, MacOS, Linux, or any combination. (I have JR Media Center running on all three platforms at home, and JRemote sees and controls all of them without any issues.

Using an external drive on a laptop running JR Media Center works just fine too. In fact, I keep any local libraries on external drives. For example, I have a 2TB disk attached locally to the MC instance that I use to view movies and television shows.

-Paul

John Oster

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2017, 11:44:47 am »

I am currently using a laptop and would like to switch to a NAS system. Will JRemote directly control a NAS, or do I have to connect it to my PC?
MacBook Pro>MC26>McIntosh MA9000>DALI Epicon2/SVS Ultra 13

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2017, 12:49:20 pm »

You can tell MC to import the NAS files and then use JRemote with MC.  You can't do it without a PC or some other computer.

John Oster

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2017, 04:53:53 pm »

You can tell MC to import the NAS files and then use JRemote with MC.  You can't do it without a PC or some other computer.
OK, thanks.
MacBook Pro>MC26>McIntosh MA9000>DALI Epicon2/SVS Ultra 13
Pages: [1]   Go Up