INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote for Android -- Now available  (Read 261367 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: JRemote for Android -- Now available for testing
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2015, 08:54:49 am »

Did you try again?  I just approved you.

The Computer Audiophile

• World Citizen
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2015, 09:02:04 am »

Did you try again?  I just approved you.
I figured out the issue. I was logged in with a couple different google accounts and it defaulted to an account that hadn't been approved. It's all good now :~)

cavediver

• Recent member
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2015, 09:26:46 am »

I got a chance to test this remote app this past weekend. Using a Samsung Galaxy S5.  It worked ok, except the app crashed after I received a phone call. The music was still playing in the theater room, but the app itself has stopped working after ending the call. 

Also, no one answered by question. What does this app bring to the table that Gizmo doesn't already offer?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2015, 09:43:57 am »

Also, no one answered by question. What does this app bring to the table that Gizmo doesn't already offer?
There may be more differences visible when using a tablet than when just on a phone. On my phone, I like the ability to slide up Playing Now, to instantly switch Playing Now zones, the volume slider, and no "You're on the bus" slogan.  :)

BPT40

• Recent member
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2015, 01:38:12 pm »

JRemote is working well on both my Nexus 7 and Galaxy S3. Love the look on the nexus tablet.I have used both Gizmo and Eos and after a couple of days I think JRemote is the one to beat. One small issue at first was when using JRemote  on the Galaxy S3 and playing to the player (PC thru Stereo) when the screen on S3 timed out JRemote would stop working on S3 when screen turned back on. The player would continue to play and I just opened JRemote on S3 again and everything would continue uninterrupted. This issue has disappeared the last two times I've used JRemote with the Galaxy S3. Great work,looking forward to finished product 

Adhara

• World Citizen
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2015, 02:35:50 pm »

Hi,

Links for download look broken (1st post).
When does the stable version will be released ?

regards

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2015, 03:52:39 pm »

Hi,

Links for download look broken (1st post).
When does the stable version will be released ?

regards
You have to go here first:
https://plus.google.com/communities/104243392097469608064

sorepinky

« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2015, 11:42:29 pm »

The WOL feature does not seem to work.  Gizmo wakes my PC, but JRemote beta does not.

So far this beta software is trashing Gizmo though.  It's a throrough piece of work of the BubbleUPnP variety, but better in one giant way - it's a proper remote controller for MC.  I'm loving it.  :)

BTW I'm runnig it on an ASUS Intel Atom tablet.  It would be nice if it could run on my older Toshiba tablet running Android 4.0.4 as well.

Addendum:

OK I found another glitch.  I have two MC "Servers".  When the app is controlling the one where all the music is stored on the first PC (PC1) the cover art shows up fine everywhere on the app interface, but when controlling the Server on PC2 (which loads the library across the LAN from PC1) the cover art shows up in the thumbnails, but not when wanting to see it in full size by tapping the thumbnail at bottom left.  Then I just see a kind of generic background with a colour fade from top to bottom.

rogermcnally

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2015, 05:14:53 am »

1. While the progress bar for the track playing works fine the progress bar for the album doesn't move at all.
2. If I start a track from the pc or leave and return to the app the x at the top left hand corner. which normally takes me to a list of album tracks, now takes me to the audio screen..ie the screen with artist album recent etc, so I am unable to see what tracks are on the playing album.
3. When I reinstalled the ap and entered to new passkey I was given a new server entry in My Servers. I am unable to delete the out of date one.

rogermcnally

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2015, 05:59:22 am »

Following a crash, report sent from phone, I find that the artwork on JRemote is very messed up...three albums that had the correct artwork now have had it replaced with What's The Story Morning Glory...appropriately enough given the apps behavior.
The artwork remains correct on Gizmo and on the pc.

Seahug

• Recent member
Re: JRemote for Android -- problems authenticating access key
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2015, 06:35:05 am »

Hi,

I've gotten beta approval and downloaded the app. I created an access key on MC20, which works on Gizmo. However, when I try to add the server to JRemote, I get an Access key not valid, must be 6 characters. (which it is.

I've checked the win firewall setting and it's open to Media Center.

Would appreciate any suggestions/

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2015, 07:15:18 am »

We've had this reported a couple of times.  I don't know why.

If you read above, you may find a workaround.  I believe one user generated a new Access Key (under media network options on the server) and another just waited a few hours and it began to work.  It's possible that DHCP is the root cause.

Seahug

• Recent member
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2015, 08:18:26 am »

Thanks.

It's been a problem since yesterday.

I've also tried creating a new port rule in win firewall.

Will give the new access key thing a shot.

Ekpen

« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2015, 01:42:31 pm »

Hi,

I've gotten beta approval and downloaded the app. I created an access key on MC20, which works on Gizmo. However, when I try to add the server to JRemote, I get an Access key not valid, must be 6 characters. (which it is.

I've checked the win firewall setting and it's open to Media Center.

Would appreciate any suggestions/

Thanks!

This is  a workaround I used after several days of frustration. On the Server try disable authentication for now and log in .
If that works, go back and enable authentication again.
At times, it may not log you in, but generally it will let you in.

I am still struggling with this, especially error message" Invalid User name and Password". The irony is Gizmo and EOS icons are just sitting close to JRemote. I can fire these up with my eyes close using same credentials.

I hope Les Paul will find a away to fix this log in issues. I suggest the program should ask for IP/Key and query  media network information, then prompt user to confirm or edit information, then save the info. Gizmo and EOS do have a "Save" feature.

George

alice

• Recent member
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2015, 04:35:43 pm »

Where can I download this ?

Seahug

• Recent member
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2015, 06:57:49 pm »

Thanks. Tried this as well as generating new access key.

Still won't work for me.

Is it possible JRemote is locked out because I entered the wrong key (i was entering my pw) a couple of times?

It seems the Gizmo sign on is more stable and works all the team.

This is  a workaround I used after several days of frustration. On the Server try disable authentication for now and log in .
If that works, go back and enable authentication again.
At times, it may not log you in, but generally it will let you in.

I am still struggling with this, especially error message" Invalid User name and Password". The irony is Gizmo and EOS icons are just sitting close to JRemote. I can fire these up with my eyes close using same credentials.

I hope Les Paul will find a away to fix this log in issues. I suggest the program should ask for IP/Key and query  media network information, then prompt user to confirm or edit information, then save the info. Gizmo and EOS do have a "Save" feature.

George

Seahug

• Recent member
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2015, 07:04:44 pm »

Tried clearing JRemote cache (my tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S, the latest one). - Nope

Tried deleting and reinstalling - Nope.

Hope you guys can figure it out. I just started using Gizmo and while I see the limitations, I like having a remote.

Cheers!

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2015, 07:06:38 pm »

Where can I download this ?
Please read the first post.

kamimeguro

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2015, 09:53:39 pm »

Hi,

Trying this since last weekend on my Samsung Note II. Looks very promising

Works perfect at Home with a small glitch:
If I decide to select and play a different album while one is already playing, it plays ok the newly selected and shows the correct information on the currently playing now screen, but if I slide to get the details of the playing list, I get the former album track list (not refreshed)

While on the road, I can log on my server and see my library, but am unable to play anything on the device itself (selecting this device).
For reference, Gizmo works like a charm.

Kami
Win 10 pro, Oppo 105, Onkyo TX-NR818, Elipson Axial 160, B&W 805S, Linn 5150, Yamaha GT750, Sony KDL-55W900A...

audiolover

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2015, 10:15:35 am »

Installed the beta, works good. 3 things do not work: screen always on, last FM artist bio and search.
Tried search in main menu and in sub\genre menu but nothing.

rwpritchett

• Recent member
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2015, 10:36:47 am »

FLAC streaming would be a big one for me.  Gizmo transcodes all FLAC to mp3.

rwpritchett

• Recent member
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2015, 11:02:40 am »

Here's a list of a few things not working for me on my Galaxy Tab 4.  All items involve streaming from my JRiver server to playback on the tablet itself:

• The pause button doesn't pause, it acts like stop.  For example, if I pause a song then unpause, the song starts over from the beginning instead of resuming.
  • The long-press options do not work 100% of the time.  For example, if I long press an album and select Play nothing happens.  If I go into the album to where it shows the tracks, the play button above the track list works fine.
  • None of my video files will play at all to my device.  This includes mkv, mp4, avi.  I just get a spinning circle that never ends.
  • When scrolling through the music library.  It shows the letter where I'm at in the library, which it's supposed to do.  However, I keep getting flashes of "T" with all letters while scrolling.  I suspect it's because some artists like "The Beatles" are in the "B" part of the library but actually start with "T".
  • If I come back to JRemote after leaving my device for a while, JRemote is blank.  For example, pressing the menu button on the top left brings up the menu, but there's nothing there.  The only way to fix this is to kill the program and relaunch.
  • Maybe I just haven't figured out how to work it yet, but I can't seem to get shuffle to actually shuffle tracks.
  • When turned to landscape, it looks like the playlist is supposed to appear on the right next to the now playing album art on the left (this is what eos does).  If this is what is supposed to happen, it's not working.  The playlist area is blank.
  • The volume control isn't working properly.  I use an amp so I set the device volume to 100% and let the amp control the volume.  If I pause or stop playback, the volume bar in JRemote goes to 1% but it still acts like it's at 100% unless I move the slider.

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2015, 11:19:01 am »

Question...

I signed up for the Beta test yesterday but then noticed a few comments that implied that it was designed only for phone (not tablet).  Will it work on my Android tablet?

Thanks!

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2015, 11:29:09 am »

Its not entirely optimized for tablets yet, but it should work on them.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

BPT40

• Recent member
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2015, 11:55:57 am »

Question...

I signed up for the Beta test yesterday but then noticed a few comments that implied that it was designed only for phone (not tablet).  Will it work on my Android tablet?

Thanks!

Works and looks great on Nexus 7 Tablet

boot77

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2015, 06:02:29 pm »

Just installed JRemote, looks nice, speed is great!

With jremote I played a file on a client connected to the server. The file is an HD audio file (which jremote does show). The client seems to recieve an 128kb mp3 file instead of the original HD file. What setting must I change so serve the high res file to the client? On the client it self, the client options (when connected to a library server) are all set to no conversion.

kamimeguro

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2015, 06:21:40 pm »

While on the road, I can log on my server and see my library, but am unable to play anything on the device itself (selecting this device).
For reference, Gizmo works like a charm.

Kami

Update:
As rwpritchett, I found out I need to "open" an album to be able to play it since long press/play does not.
The option to keep the screen always on does not work.
The play now screen indicates the native file information, which can be found when you select the album, not the actual stream.

Kami

Win 10 pro, Oppo 105, Onkyo TX-NR818, Elipson Axial 160, B&W 805S, Linn 5150, Yamaha GT750, Sony KDL-55W900A...

audiocrazy

• Recent member
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2015, 11:14:27 pm »

I can't Play DSF files on Samsung Galaxy S3 phone connected to Oppo HA-2 DAC that is capable of playing DSD/DSF files.
However its plays on other devices like Oppo BDP-103.

I've the same problem with JRemote on iPhone 6. On iPhone 6 i get an error "Audio streaming Error".
I hope DSF/DSD native format streaming is available as I have a huge collection of it.

"Play Doctor" does not work and no playlist is generated.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2015, 05:42:31 am »

DSD/DSF native streaming is very unlikely to be supported, sorry.
We'll only support native streaming of formats that Android officially supports, and don't require an external DAC.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2015, 07:13:30 am »

Any hope for us antisocial networking guys soon? ;)
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2015, 07:17:14 am »

I just pushed a new version to the Play Store, it will show up on your devices in the next couple hours.

20.0.4 / 4 (03/27/2015)

1. Fixed: The playback options in the album context menus didn't work (long-press an album in the browse activity).
2. Fixed: Pause didn't work, and caused the tracks to start from the beginning instead of resuming.
3. Fixed: A lot of crash and stability fixes.

There is also some improvements coming to the next MC20 build which will help with some problems when accessing Playlists/Smart Lists, which can currently make JRemote unresponsive (but its actually a MC problem, as it stops answering to web requests reliably).
I also hope to have a lot of the stability/reliabilty problems under control now - it required quite a bit of re-working internally, but I should be able to focus on more missing features now.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

RayDiant

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2015, 04:59:40 pm »

I get errors when I download. I tried as many options as I could think of. First I tried downloading from the app store on my phone I get this error:

Error retrieving information from server [RPC: S-7 :AEC-0].

Then I tried downloading on my PC and selecting the attached phone as the device (playstore figured this out) and I get this error:

An unexpected error occurred, please try again later.

What am I missing here? I have approval. I get the google+ posts. I can get to all the links in the first post???

Mark

Suricatus

« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2015, 08:45:34 pm »

I´m using a Galaxy Note 4 and notice a serious problem after updating today.
When using audio, The "Playing Now" is not working anymore.

Thanks
Leonardo

audiocrazy

• Recent member
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2015, 08:53:52 pm »

DSD/DSF native streaming is very unlikely to be supported, sorry.
We'll only support native streaming of formats that Android officially supports, and don't require an external DAC.
Very sad to hear that :(
I thought the option "Use Native Format" would enable native streaming of any file types. ?
In any case the Playlist stops when there is a DSF/DSD file and it very annoying.
Can it be fixed to skip the unsupported files and play the next file in play list?

runsilent

• Recent member
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2015, 09:19:19 pm »

Using latest JRemote build on a Nexus 7 and everything was working fine (apart from the already mentioned time display bug) until when streaming from Tidal's Chrome web player via my PC (using MC WDM). In this particular instance I had left MC open. Then when I chose to play an album on JRemote the  "playing now" display at bottom of screen no longer shows track/album info playing, time, cover thumbnail etc. When I click on it, all the "playing now" page shows is a blank album thumbnail, no elapsed time, track info etc. However, if I select my Nexus as the playback device, all the above mentioned info is now displayed correctly. When I switch back to Player (my PC), everything vanishes again. I have tried uninstalling/re-installing JRemote to no avail. Not sure if this is a bug or if I'm an idiot ;) but I'd sure appreciate some assistance.

Apart from above,  I really like JRemote especially the editable metadata and have been a MC user since JRMC16 and absolutely love the flexibility of this great piece of software.

Paul

sorepinky

« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2015, 11:21:42 pm »

After a JRemote update installed itself on my tablet today, the full-size cover art problem that I described in my previous post remains the same.

DomieMic65

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2015, 04:17:28 am »

Something is very wrong with the last update!
"Now playing" does not work on both my Nexus 5 & 7 2nd gen.

audiolover

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2015, 10:49:38 am »

Now playing not working on Archos tablet and phone Galaxy S3-NEO.
This was perfect in the previous release!
Music is playing on HIFI set properly. I only play via DAC to HIFI so no streaming to my Android devices.

dvdende

• Recent member
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2015, 10:56:28 am »

With the latest update Playing now part is not working anymore on my Asus TF101 with Android 5.1. Also some fields in the metadata are presented wrong. Dates fields are presentekd as integer. Also the biodata is not functioning.

How can you view the Playing now list?

Al ex

Re:
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2015, 12:01:09 pm »

On Huawei Mate 7 (Android 4.4.2), still all there as before: playing now at the bottom of the screen, when I click on it, I come to the big screen playing now with the tabs for the metadata working well

audiolover

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2015, 12:51:37 pm »

Is this "playing now not working" issue maybe an Android version issue? Both my Samsung phone and Archos tablet run 4.2.2. Both Android versions as delivered from the manufacturer so no custom roms.

BPT40

• Recent member
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2015, 02:47:46 pm »

After recent update the playing now screen shows no information. Using galaxy S3 and playing to MC on PC . The controls are working, I can skip to next or stop playback but the screen is just a fuzzy photo and no track info.

Al ex

Re:
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2015, 04:12:49 am »

Playing now is not working for me, if there is a playlist already running, and I am then connecting to the server via JRemote. No track info or track list in this case, although the volume can be changed.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2015, 05:28:28 am »

I pushed a new version with the playing now hopefully fixed again.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Bccc1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2015, 05:36:15 am »

The Search has a Bug.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Start App -> I'm in the Audio Section
2. Open a View (In my case Artist)
3. Press Search Icon in top left.
4. Enter Search Term
5. Select an Item -> Another Item starts.
In all tested cases, it took the index in the filtered view and then opened the item in the unfiltered view with that index.

DomieMic65

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2015, 07:12:49 am »

The update does not show in the Playstore....

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2015, 07:53:30 am »

It takes a few hours for the update to show up, please show a bit of patience. :)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Seahug

• Recent member

Hi,

After problems authenticating access key, I tried connecting via ip.

I entered my ip address 120.28.118.10

I get an error message -

Could not connect (failed to connect to /120.28.118.10 (port 52199) after 5000 ms: isConnected failed: ECONNREFUSED (connection refused).

Still works on gizmo. I have jriver enabled on firewall.

Am running win 7 on an X61 Thinkpad.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Seahug

• Recent member
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2015, 08:21:44 am »

Tried it again on my other laptop a lenovo T430 running win 8. I still get the same error on access key.

Would appreciate detailed help please

audiolover

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2015, 08:38:46 am »

New version is installed and "playing now" works again, thank you!!
Tried playing to phone\tablet too, all is working.

Will try more later.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Up