INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PONO App will not connect to PONO Music World Store  (Read 6101 times)

gemarsh

• Recent member
PONO App will not connect to PONO Music World Store
« on: March 20, 2015, 12:25:02 pm »

Hi;
From when I installed the PONO Music App last year, the app will not connect to the PONO Music store and I am unable to find, purchase and download music files.

I have submitted several PONO support tickets but nothing happens so, in desperation, I'm trying here for help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: PONO App will not connect to PONO Music World Store
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 12:31:32 pm »

Make sure you have the latest build from this board, but I'm guessing that you are outside the U.S.  It only works in the U.S. at this time.  Canada and UK have been announced.

gemarsh

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 12:51:42 pm »

Make sure you have the latest build from this board, but I'm guessing that you are outside the U.S.  It only works in the U.S. at this time.  Canada and UK have been announced.

Ah, finally an answer.    Yes, I am in Canada and I wish PONO support had told me this . . . not impressed!

Do we know when Canada will have access to PMW?     I do have the latest build.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 01:09:05 pm »

I think their intent is to have it up soon, but licensing takes time.

partly

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 07:30:55 pm »

I'm still on XP and was using chrome and pono app and pono music world worked fine.  I switched to firefox and ever since then the pono app will not connect to pono music world.  I have changed the tree to "internet explorer", no help.  I have reloaded the app with earlier versions and still no help.  I can't download music - this is a serious problem!  HELP please!

gemarsh

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 08:23:53 pm »

Hi;

I'm glad that I'm not alone with this problem but very disappointed that this problem even exists.

I am using an up-to-date Chrome Browser on Windows 7 Professional operating system and can connect to the PONO Music Store, select music to purchase through the browser but the cart message says that the music can only be downloaded by the PONO app, which has never connected with the PONO Music Store since November 2014, when I received the player, downloaded and installed the app.    I have uninstalled, downloaded and re-installed the app three times since but still no connection to the music store.

I am hopeful that the reason is because Canadians are not yet allowed PONO App access to the music store but I would like to see official confirmation of that, along with an estimate of when Canadians will be able to access the music store from the PONO app.     Otherwise, if Canadians do have PONO app access to the music store, then I wish someone will diagnose and solve the problem.

It has now been more than a year since I purchased the PONO Player through Kickstarter and I AM PISSED!

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 09:25:42 am »

Hi;

I'm glad that I'm not alone with this problem but very disappointed that this problem even exists.

I am using an up-to-date Chrome Browser on Windows 7 Professional operating system and can connect to the PONO Music Store, select music to purchase through the browser but the cart message says that the music can only be downloaded by the PONO app, which has never connected with the PONO Music Store since November 2014, when I received the player, downloaded and installed the app.    I have uninstalled, downloaded and re-installed the app three times since but still no connection to the music store.

I am hopeful that the reason is because Canadians are not yet allowed PONO App access to the music store but I would like to see official confirmation of that, along with an estimate of when Canadians will be able to access the music store from the PONO app.     Otherwise, if Canadians do have PONO app access to the music store, then I wish someone will diagnose and solve the problem.

It has now been more than a year since I purchased the PONO Player through Kickstarter and I AM PISSED!
Could you send a Media Center log file:

1. Help / Logging / Enable logging
2. try (and fail) to login to Pono store
3. Help / Logging / Report problem
4. send log to logs at jriver dot com
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

gemarsh

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 12:09:21 pm »

I have sent the log file as requested.

BTW, on January 28, 2015, I sent a PONO log file to PONO Support (Ticket # 00049464) and have received no response since then.

anew3rd

Is there a way to download any of the music on PMW site?
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 02:40:59 am »

2 Questions:
1) is it possible to download any of the music from your Account History from the PONO Site, I can still log in and access these pages. wondering if there is a way to download. Ask for PonoMusic World App.

2) I have songs on my Pono Device, is there a way to remove the songs?

note) sad face  :-\ :'( :-\ removed my old PMW software cause it flagged me for updating the OS. Didnt see that that the JRiver can grab backups. found JRiver site after removing software trying to download the new software.  Didn't realize that the service was abandon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up