INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Files Deleted from Library Reappear  (Read 1569 times)

TimberHo

• Recent member
Files Deleted from Library Reappear
« on: March 21, 2015, 01:56:56 pm »

Due to multiple versions of albums and types of files mp3, flac etc...I delete the unwanted music from the library.  I've gone through this tedious process several times now but every so often everything I deleted from the library will come back ?  Any ideas how to fix and most importantly prevent this from happening?

lynes88

• Recent member
Re: Files Deleted from Library Reappear
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 07:58:02 am »

Not sure of the exact options but if you are using JRiver to delete items through the menu then make sure you are selecting the options (type of delete) that you want.  Again, I am not sure if this is the same with audio, but when you select a video item to delete, there are several options....and one of them is to delete the item from the Library as well as remove it from the hard drive.  If you do not remove the file completely, I would think the Library will just scan it again and bring it back....

TimberHo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 07:10:35 pm »

SO that's the part that gets me..."Remove file from Library"....wouldn't you think completely / always removes it from the library?  Seems like this a bug if not the case.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 07:32:59 am »

If you are using Auto Import, it has an option if it should ignore files previously removed, or just re-import them.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up