INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Access Key Problem  (Read 1655 times)

Ekpen

• Citizen of the Universe
Access Key Problem
« on: March 21, 2015, 10:49:45 am »

Greetings:

I just joined the beta last night. I am having issues with connecting to server. Just 48 hours ago, I changed my ISP from Frontier to Time Warner business cable, with different sets of IPs.
The old IP work with Gizmo and EOS, so after assigning new IP, I tested with EOS and Gizmo. Everything worked.
Now with JRemote, I get several errors.

Using Access key to log in, I get error " IP address is invalid must be in format" connection failed, yet it listed "Found 2 addresses. Connecting to address 50.75.X.X. Also I used 192.168.1.11 to log in, still failed.
When I used same address with 50.x.x.99, I get error "IP address is invalid must be in format"
Note that I just reset the Access key after getting errors. With the new Access key assigned to me last night, I still can not connect.
Another error I get is "Your username or password is invalid" I used same credentials with EOS and Gizmo, with no problems.

Thanks
George.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Access Key Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 11:05:00 am »

Are you connecting from your local network?

If you use an IP address to connect, you would enter something like this:

192.168.1.11:52199

Ekpen

tmp
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 08:40:36 pm »

It's in a separate thread.  It's not a bug. 

You can always find your posts by viewing your profile.

Greetings:

I am in. I have to disable authentication on the server to let me log in.

I got it installed around 2.00 AM , tired and sleepy, so must have missed some info regarding what is capable or not.

Sorry, was away from MC for almost 5 weeks, due to new ISP and weather delays in NY that crippled almost everything in my area, so I am kinda slow at catching up.

Thanks for letting me test this JRemote.
I miss the screen redraw on EOS where it redraws the screen for 4.3 aspect ratios for dvds.
Hopefully as the work load gets smaller, it will be added for optional screen redraw. I also miss the instant metadata you get when you touch the cover arts in EOS. Anyway I am happy with it.

George

Ekpen

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 08:55:46 pm »

Are you connecting from your local network?

If you use an IP address to connect, you would enter something like this:

192.168.1.11:52199

Note: When Time Warner got me back on the Internet, I tried to upgrade MC to .84. MC thought I was installing on another machine. I tried  several times to install. I had to uninstall then reinstalled MC, still no show. Then I decided to go back two or three versions, I think it was version 66. After I installed the old version, then I was able to install version 84. I spent three hours trying to figure out why MC, thinks my HTPC is another PC.. weird..

I tried this IP plus the IP newly assigned by Time Warner, They failed. But I later had to disable authentication to let me log in. But the same setup on my server works for Gizmo and EOS. This is my first time I have to untick "authentication", I tried both  192....52199 and the 50...IPs.

Right now I am enjoying JRemote. Later, I will enable authentication on the server again  to see if It will let me log in.

Thanks
George

Ekpen

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 11:42:03 am »

Greetings:

Surprisingly, this problem is now resolved.. how I do not know  This A.M I am able to log in using same information used by Gizmo and EOS.
All is  ok now.. hopefully.
Thanks to our CEO.
George.
Pages: [1]   Go Up